• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Monk/Sorceror

was

Adventurer
I actually got tired of trying to create a complicated character and went with a ranger/archer. I finished him about a week before the others were done. They're good folks, but I think they're a bit overzealous in their pc generation.

Last edited:

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Well excuse me. It was on the first page, not even near the bottom. Thus I assumed it was recent. Besides that, my post added new information. While yes, it has been said they don't stack, I went on to say why.

Secondly "I'm willing to give it an argument before the DM since the bonus comes from a natural form of AC (scales)." Is hardly "I acknowledge it's DM fiat", sounding more like trying to twist words to get a DM to agree. Additionally the use of the word 'bonis' makes it seem like you are unaware of the distinction between something setting an AC and something giving a bonus to AC.

Thirdly, whether or not you continued with said build does not make my point irrelevent.

Finally, why is it when someone says there not trying to be something, they always come across that way?

No offense or anything.

was

Adventurer
Well excuse me. It was on the first page, not even near the bottom. Thus I assumed it was recent. Besides that, my post added new information. While yes, it has been said they don't stack, I went on to say why.

Secondly "I'm willing to give it an argument before the DM since the bonus comes from a natural form of AC (scales)." Is hardly "I acknowledge it's DM fiat", sounding more like trying to twist words to get a DM to agree. Additionally the use of the word 'bonis' makes it seem like you are unaware of the distinction between something setting an AC and something giving a bonus to AC.

Thirdly, whether or not you continued with said build does not make my point irrelevent.

Finally, why is it when someone says there not trying to be something, they always come across that way?

No offense or anything.

..This board does not get many posts, that's why it's still up on the page. It helps to check the start date, the date posted on the top of the thread or the date on the top of the last post.. There has been a lot of recent activity where newer members have resurrected dead threads to increase their post counts. Some up to 8 or 10 years old. It's generally considered impolite.
...You are reading far too much into this argument. It has nothing to do with 'twisting' a DM into doing anything. It's about players not being so enslaved to the RAW that they lack the courage to ask. It was asked during a period when discussions about strictly following the RAW, on both sides of the screen, where prevalent. I have been both a DM and a player, and IME creating unique character options is a good thing.
...Threads on player empower vs. DM fiat have been done to death over several editions. I'm really not feeling up to getting into that argument again.
...We'll have to disagree on whether or not the point had already been made. It's also generally a good idea to read an entire post before making a comment. Otherwise, it's like jumping into a conversation midstream.
...Finally, your are reading intent and motive into posts that simply were not there. If I state that I was not trying to be rude or offensive, I meant it. I do not use qualifiers as an excuse to be rude or offensive. If it comes across that way, than I apologize.
...Unlike many other boards out there, these boards are generally pretty civil. I'm not sure what your past experiences are, but I generally give people here the benefit of the doubt before assuming that they are intentionally trying to be nasty. Though it is hard at times.
...I have left other boards due to the 'quality' of the conversations. It does tend to leave one with the "this guy is personally attacking me so I am going to fry him" state of mind.

Last edited:

Remove ads