• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monk - what do you like and dislike?

shilsen

Adventurer
glass said:
Only by the FAQ! :\

glass.
That decision is being reflected in the books too. PHB2 has a sample monk with INA. IIncidentally, the suggestion there is to take INA at 1st lvl, which isn't possible due to the "+4 BAB" prerequisite.

glass

(he, him)
shilsen said:
That decision is being reflected in the books too. PHB2 has a sample monk with INA. IIncidentally, the suggestion there is to take INA at 1st lvl, which isn't possible due to the "+4 BAB" prerequisite.
The PHBII has no more authority to overrule the PHB than the FAQ does. Plus as you say, even if half-orc monks can take INA, 1st level half-orc monks certainly can't, so it is hardly a compelling example.

glass.

jcfiala

Explorer
xenoflare said:
I'll leave flavour out - because that is quite subjective. But on the final note, the greatest thing about monks i'm peeved at is this.

WTF? NO HADOUKEN FTW?

Nicely put!

In the PHBII, however, there are a feat chain that the Monk can take as bonus abilities to throw balls of ki at his opponents by 8th level.

xenoflare

First Post
damn noooo now i can't gripe about hadouken..

what about er er er shoryuken?

*don't mind me, just flailing in mental shock*

i definitely have to check out PHBII then.

xenoflare said:
damn noooo now i can't gripe about hadouken..

what about er er er shoryuken?

*don't mind me, just flailing in mental shock*

i definitely have to check out PHBII then.

There's a feat that lets you set your natural attack on fire for a round. Use uppercut as flavor text, and call it Shouryuken.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The PHBII has no more authority to overrule the PHB than the FAQ does.

They have constantly maintained that the most recently published version of a rules/spell/feat, etc. is the most valid one, so if WotC considers the PHB2 an official rules change or modification, then it is one.

I do agree, though, that the suggestion that INA be taken at 1st level is utter garbage, and further evidence of my assertion that WotC needs better proofreaders and a Continuity Office(r).

TheLe

First Post
[imager]http://www.thele.com/TheLeGames/images/tn/NeoMonks_TheDragonlord_tn200w.jpg[/imager]Just wanted to drop you all a line. I just released a new book to Engs last week -- Neo Monks: The Dragonlord!

Anywho, if any of you are interested, I am offering free review copies. Just PM me or Email me that you are interested, and I will fire off a free copy to you via ENGS.

Reviews can be submitted to Enworld, Rpg.net, Gamingreport.com, or any other online site you fancy.

Hooah.

-The Le Games, We Enhance Worlds

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads