• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monopoly goes Blade Runner

Traycor

Explorer
Ridley Scott finally signed on to direct the Monopoly movie for Hasbro and they've found a writer.

Link

Here's an interesting tidbit:
"And Ridley Scott... is now officially attached to helm the project, with an eye toward giving it a futuristic sheen along the lines of his iconic "Blade Runner."

Interesting...

Last edited:

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Ridley Scott finally signed on to direct the Monopoly movie for Hasbro and they've found a writer.

Link

Here's an interesting tidbit:
"And Ridley Scott... is now officially attached to helm the project, with an eye toward giving it a futuristic sheen along the lines of his iconic "Blade Runner."

Interesting...

"Do not pass Go. Do not collect your artificial sheep."

Should be neat.

Megaton

First Post
I have no idea what the plot will be here, I'm very confused by this choice, unless buying property or something is going to be the backdrop for a drama. Maybe they are only going to use the name or something...

frankthedm

First Post
I have no idea what the plot will be here, I'm very confused by this choice, unless buying property or something is going to be the backdrop for a drama. Maybe they are only going to use the name or something...
i can see it actually. :cool:

*Near future setting with the economy in tatters.
*The internet is controlled by either a Rampant AI or a confederation of super-hackers, making electronic banking no more.
*Everything is for sale; buildings, businesses, countries... but the purchases have to be done in person and with cash since no one is going to extend credit.
*Megacorp representatives, identities concealed by aliases, such as Thimble and Shoe, race around the world in a mad race to buy everything.
*The Rampant AI / Hacker Confederacy has a sense of humor, often interfering with the megacorp representatives, setting up 'rules' for their game under the alias "Uncle Pennybags".

Traycor

Explorer
i can see it actually. :cool:

*Near future setting with the economy in tatters.
*The internet is controlled by either a Rampant AI or a confederation of super-hackers, making electronic banking no more.
*Everything is for sale; buildings, businesses, countries... but the purchases have to be done in person and with cash since no one is going to extend credit.
*Megacorp representatives, identities concealed by aliases, such as Thimble and Shoe, race around the world in a mad race to buy everything.
*The Rampant AI / Hacker Confederacy has a sense of humor, often interfering with the megacorp representatives, setting up 'rules' for their game under the alias "Uncle Pennybags".

:D That's surprisingly well thought out.

frankthedm

First Post
:D That's surprisingly well thought out.
It was kinda easy to brainstorm once i heard Ridley Scott was going to be the writer.

Monopoly + Futurepunk = Megacorps

Individual players = Agents of megacorps, semi autonomous and working for a %, so they really do profit from good deals.

Boardgame style play = Remove internet banking and add in world roving.

Mr. Monopoly / Rich Uncle Pennywise = Direct insertion of an iconic character without having to find an actor.

Boardgame peices = Codenames and possibly electronic avatars.

Please note, I only think the movie can work on a Speed Racer level of high contrast live action cartoon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads