• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Monster/Boss Resistances list?

Hi EN World,

Just wondering if there's a list of monsters/boss and their resistances (or vulnerabilities)?
Or if you have one that you can share?

More on which ones has resistance to:

- Elements (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Thunder etc.)
- Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing
- Charmed, Frightened
- etc..

I might be too optimistic on this, but I still opted to inquire first.
Thanks!

pming

Legend
Hiya.

Uh...why? As DM you have the MM (I assume), so you can always just make your own. But I suppose that's why you are asking? So you can have a list of monsters for when you "build" your encounters? Personally, I don't "build" encounters that way, per se, I build an encounter that fits the world...more or less regardless of the PC's capabilities. They can always run like hell if they find they are fighting something far too powerful for them. At any rate, no. I don't think there is one. I've never seen one nor come across one on the old 'net, sorry.

Now, if you are a player... what you are asking for is basically asking if we can help you "cheat". If I was your DM and found out you had this list and were trying to memorize it... I'd make sure to change just about every single resistance/vulnerability of every monster. Additionally, I'd probably add in some of the former "vulnerabilities" to be things that healed/helped said beast...just for fun. :) For example, give the Shadow Demon an ability that "sends it into a rage, granting it Advantage and double damage to any attack it uses against someone who used a radiant type attack against it". Players that think they can "win" by pointing to stuff in the book that their character should logically have NO information about as evidence to back up them "winning" when the DM changes things (because he/she has to, because, well, the player cheated by memorizing resistances/vulnerabilities of monsters in the MM, just really cheeze my wiener!).

...hopefully you aren't a player...

*keeps a squinty eye on green_destiny* ... ;)

^-^

Paul L. Ming

...hopefully you aren't a player...

*keeps a squinty eye on green_destiny* ... ;)

I'm actually a DM and a player as well. :)

Inspired by Temple of elemental evil, wanted to explore the vulnerabilities and resistances of the current monster mix (Pokemon anyone? :D). Also thought of a monster will heal if it was hit by its elemental affinity.

Or a skeleton undead is vulnerable to bludegeoning but resistant to piercing damage - since its a skeleton...

I'd like to add more vulnerabilities and resistances in campaigns. My ideal combat ending is that even though the monster has a high CR, the players figured out its vulnerability and exploited it (or the terrain) in order to win.

I ain't got a list that has their names attached to resistances.

But I do happen to use lists like this one:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/show...stances-Immunities-Vulnerabilities-and-Damage
And
http://community.wizards.com/forum/player-help/threads/4162596

Unfortunately, I don't have anything that lists what condition effects monsters are susceptible to.

Thanks for the link.

Remove ads