• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Bottoms Counter Info Template

bonHomm3

First Post
Hey all,

I created a word template that can be used to print 1”x1” info squares which can be cut and glued to the bottom of monster counters to provide additional information. Having the info on the back you can quickly sort counters into groups based on level, keywords, or type. I’m currently using them with Fiery Dragon’s counter collection with great results.

I’ve attached three files you can use (just give credit if you do). The first is a pdf that lists all the medium and small monsters from the monster manual. The second and third files can be used to create your own customized monster bottoms.

Thanks to withak for creating the original spreadsheet I doctored:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan...dsheet-built-encounter-calculator-v1-2-a.html

If you want to create your own token info squares, you’ll need to do some slightly complex mail-merging work (complex, unless you have a wife who can help you with the concept of mail-merges).

To add extra creatures, or edit existing ones.

These directions assume you’re using office 2007. I’m not familiar with OpenOffice, or Older MS office editions. Regardless, the steps should be very similar.

1. Update the MonsterBottoms.xls file with your desired info. Take care not to change the name of the columns. Save the excel file.
  2. Open the MonsterBottoms_template.doc word document. Click the Mailings Tab. Next, click the “Select Recipients” button, and from the drop down menu click “use existing list”. A file browser window will pop up, browse to the location of the MonsterBottoms.xls file and select the excel file, then click “open”. A new data source browser window will pop up. select the “Medium and Small$” option then click ok.
  3. From the Mailings tab, click the “Preview Results” button to view the finished monster bottoms. You can then just print, or click "finish and merge" to create a new word document minus the mail-merge data connection.

Adding more (community help please!)

With some additional work there’s also room on the counters for attack/defense information. You could use the info to have a quick skirmish game with minimal rules without needing any books. You’d just have to add corresponding columns to the spreadsheet and update the word document by inserting merge fields that correspond to the new columns (the “insert merge field” button is in the Mailings tab).

As an added bonus, now you just taught yourself how to create a bunch of labels for holiday cards! Your wife/husband will quickly take advantage of your new found skills; believe me.

{edited to add Spreadsheet credit}

Attachments

• MonsterBottoms_medium_small.pdf
    192.1 KB · Views: 320
  • MonsterBottoms_Data.xls
    110.5 KB · Views: 58
  • MonsterBottoms_Template_medium_Small.doc
    399.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Remove ads