• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Builder Details 7/13

Hawke

Explorer
Looks like wizards just updated more details for the Monster Builder

Some general information and screenshots. I also noticed:

Eventually, other releases will follow for Adventure Tools, such as Encounter Builder and Map Builder. In addition to new builders, we'll also continue adding content, enhancements, and new features to D&D Monster Builder, in the same vein as the D&D Character Builder and D&D Compendium.

which I think is the first time I've seen a confirmation that those are in the pipeline.

Jack99

Adventurer
You can also browse through powers directly. Notice the power list in the top right portion above. You can filter and browse through over 10,000 powers. In the center panel you can tweak/edit/create any monster power you'd like.

<3 WotC

tHIS IS AWESOME

Notice the top-left hand corner of the 3rd and 4th images? You don't have to include all the stupid fiddly stats (Alignment, stats, skills) if you don't think its necessary!

So if I was to print out monsters I wouldn't have to add 3 extra pages just because I have five separate versions of Goblin.

I'm excited to see the rest of the programs and consider this a positive sign as to if DDI is going to be worth purchasing in the future.

Hawke

Explorer

Yeah, I hope it's got a good system of searching those powers. When I'm trying to make a monster sometimes I have a theme in mind but don't necessarily know the exact power to use right off. Might be pretty cool to search for radiant powers and add them quickly and easily to a Cleric of an Evil Radiant God...

catsclaw227

First Post
Very exciting.

Now, I would like to know when the next API article will come out, showing me how to access the individual compendium elements (like a power, item, monster) via webservice.

Ktulu

First Post
This is making my job as DM easier and easier and easier. Great idea, WotC!

I wish this stuff was around 10 years ago; would've made many a campaign survive that much longer.

Remove ads