• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Detecting Amulet?

LyleDraconis

First Post
Hello! I need hep finding a monster detecting amulet my DM used for a ranger NPC one time. I , unfortunately have no way to contact him at the moment, so I need help finding any kind of necklace which can detect monsters or other evil creatures. I believe it would be found in an official supplement, but I don't know where to look.

RuminDange

First Post
Perhaps you are looking for the Necklace of Favored Enemy Detection from Masters of the Wild page 30.

The necklace can detect the wearer's favored enemies within one mile and with concentration, the direction to the nearest one.

RD

LyleDraconis

First Post
Perhaps you are looking for the Necklace of Favored Enemy Detection from Masters of the Wild page 30.

The necklace can detect the wearer's favored enemies within one mile and with concentration, the direction to the nearest one.

RD

Actually, it was more of a general thing. It could detect any monster. I was a half-elf incubus with the shape of a common woman and the damn thing still caught on lol.

Nebten

First Post
It sounds like a DM made magic item. I would try to get in touch with the DM to see if its an offical magic item or not. Of course, there are no such thing an offical half-elf incubus either . . .

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
There is the spell detect evil, which you could probably make into an amulet.

But an amulet of monster detection doesn't sound familiar. It may be that the DM converted it over from another system. The only "monster detection" I can think of is from NetHack, et al.

Last edited:

Remove ads