• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Gift Set

Aus_Snow

First Post
So what is this going to be exactly? For some reason the WotC site wasn't listing it last I checked.

I know it's MMII, MMIII and FF in a slip case. OK. Good.

However, thanks to Amazon and a couple of message boards, I've got several different versions of the details.

Now, I suspect that some people (Amazon employees included) have simply got the Monster Gift Set and Monster Manual Deluxe Edition (or whatever it's called) mixed up. Because one persistent rumour is that the Gift Set books will have current errata incorporated. . . hm, no that sounds like the Deluxe Edition of the MM to me. Also, Amazon has it listed as softcover - er, that really doesn't seem likely either.

So I take it the gift set is simply those three books, 'as were', in a case?

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
Uh, yeah.

Or doesn't exist at all? :confused:

It's a possibility, however, my distributor (Alliance) has it listed, with a street date of 10/10 (incidentally, the same street date as the special edition MM, which has its own listing). Primarily, what this means is that I should be able to order it for my store, and they're usually pretty good IME about not listing false products.

It is possible that some info got crossed somewhere but the descriptions are different enough to make me think it's not confusion of some sort.

However, the OP is right, it's not listed on the WotC products page, which is odd. Of course, they also have the release date on the WotC page for the 2nd Dungeon Tiles as September '06.

So make of that what you will...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads