• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Help wanted. I will post many monsters on this thread so i dont clutter Stuff

Clifford

First Post
ANother monster for everyones consideration. The abtu

Abtu (Anet)

Medium Sized Magical Beast (Aquatic)
Hit Dice: 4d10 +4 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2 (+2 dex)
Speed: Swim 40’
AC: 16 (+4 natural, +2 dex)
Attacks: 1 Bite +6 melee
Damage: 1d6 + 2
Face/Reach: 5ft x 5ft/5ct
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Tireless
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 14 , Dex 14, Con 12 , Int 10 , Wis 14 , Cha 12
Skills: Intuit Direction +29, Hide +9, Tumbling (water tricks) +9, Bluff +8
Feats: Alertness, Endurance
Climate/Terrain: Any warm fresh Watters
Organization: Solitary Or pair (One abtu and one anet)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Double Coins only
Alignment: Either Lawful Neutral Or Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: 5-8 (Medium)

Abtu are Large Fish, which resemble plump sturgeons with a patch of red scales on their heads. Anet are female Abtu, which look similar to their male counterparts but lack the red patch..

Abtu are benevolent river guides, which will safely Guide boats to their destinations. Anet are tricksters, which lead boats Astray for fun. Each only charge a Gold coin For a safe voyage However the Anet Will Always try and Lead the boat astray possibly at the behalf of one of the passengers enemies. However an anet would find it just as funny to deceive the Enemy just as well.

Each spring each abtu and anet switches their alignment to Neutral and begins Courtship rituals and several weeks later they spawn a brood of baby abtu and antes about a dozen in number. After which the Female and male leave to allow the baby to fend for themselves. Both abtu and anet Speak their own Aquan and common.

Combat
Abtu prefer not to fight and will flee if provoked. If forced however they will fight with their powerful bite.

Tireless (Ex): Abtu never get tiered and never sleep.

Skills: Abtu Get a +20 to intuit direction checks.

Devon

First Post
Skills: Intuit Direction +29, Hide +9, Tumbling (water tricks) +9, Bluff +8

By my calculations, the creature has about 7 ranks in each skill (before modifiers) for a total of 28 skill ranks. The latest equation I have for a Magical Beast's skill points is 2xINT + 1/EHD (totaling 23) -- if this is correct, you would want to drop about 5 skill ranks -- perhaps two from Intuit Direction, and one from each other skill?

Should have only one feat (no real worry, since you can call the other a bonus feat, noting it with a (b) symbol).

On its bite damage, you should apply 1.5x Str bonus, since it is a single melee attack, changing it to 1d6+3.

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1

Base saves for a 4-HD Magical Beast are: +4/+4 and +2. Modified for ability scores, your critter should have:

Fort + 5, Ref + 6, Will +4

On the flavor text: where do they keep their coins -- do they swallow them?

Hope this helps,

- Devon

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
hmmm... actually, since Savage Species, magical beasts have (2+Int Mod)*(HD+3) skillpoints, -or- 2*7= 14 skillpoints in this case.
Also (almost) all monsters now get feats as PC's (or one at first HD, plus one for every 3HD), which would give the Abtu two feats.
Devon is absolutely correct on the remaining comments, I hope we could be of assistance as it is a very original monster, I suspect it is a conversion of a creature from russian or east european folklore, is this correct? :D

Later,

Devon

First Post
I think I need to sit down tonight with my cheat sheet and my copy of Savage Species and make everything alright again... :)

- Devon

Clifford

First Post
Thanx

Thanks for the savage species info, However i think that i will stick with the monster manual I have a feeling that the 3.5 themes are going to screw thing over i think that should just revise everything in a FAQ and be done with it Instead they are going to try to get us to fork over $90 more bucks With just a couple rule changes its kinda pathetic IMO.

Cliff:D

Krishnath

First Post
Clifford: If you don't want to buy the revised core books you don't have to, as they will revise the SRD also, so just download the revised SRD and be done with it. Personally I will buy the new core books, but that is because my old ones are falling apart from frequent use... :D

Clifford

First Post
Abtu

I Beleive i got the idea for this monster from An African Myth But i cant remember for sure.

Cliff:D

Clifford

First Post
(New Monster) Beldandez

Here is another monster this one is dased on an Myth from India.
Praises and Crituques are welcome of course.

Beldandez

Medium Sized Shape Shifter
Hit Dice: 1d8 [4hp]
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30’
AC: 10
Attacks: +0 Melee
Damage: By weapon
Face/Reach: 5ft/5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Polymorph, Shapeshifter traits
Saves: F +2, R +2, W +2,
Abilities: Str 10 , Dex 10, Con 10 , Int 10 , Wis 10 , Cha 10
Skills: Bluff +3, Hide +3, Move Silently +3, Climb +3, Jump +3, Spot +3, Search +3
Feats: Alertness
Climate/Terrain: Any
Organization: Solitary Or family [1d6+2}
Challenge Rating: 1/3
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: By character class

Beldandez are Normally Undistinguishable from normal humans. However their ability to transforms into anything quickly Sets them apart from normal people. The Beldandez is a Shape shifter adapt of the highest order and can and dose turn into anything. The Beldandez However will usually try to keep his race secret as the Beldandez is extremely rare and would rather nor Urk the Suspicions of Races that would destroy that which they do not understand.

Combat
Beldandez Hate fighting and will only fight if they are defending their loved ones or there is no other choice.

Polymorph [Sp]: A Beldandez can cast Polymorph Into any Object will this Power Functions as the spell Polymorph any Object in every respect except for the Beldandez Can never loose its mind. This functions at the 20th level of ability.

A Baldandezes favorite class is rogue for males Or bard for females.

Remove ads