• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manual 2 Analysis

yesnomu

First Post
I got a lot out of the analysis of the MM1 monsters, the defense and resistance statistics especially. Has anyone done something similar for the MM2 monster set? I would love to see if Will is still the go-to defense to shoot for, and if Fort is still only barely better than AC.

imredave

Explorer
I am afraid the lack of a readily available text of the MM2 will slow this process down considerably. No for sure promises but I may feel inclined to take a stab at this.

P.S. For all you math haters I was doing statistics on DND back in 1980. Unfortunately due to the lack of internet these things have remained in my file drawers rather than being broadly distributed. They include a graphical comparison between DND and Runequest fighters and an apple II+ program to calculate probabilities of multiple d6s (proving once and for all the total lameness of the tunnels and trolls combat system, although my wife cautions me that with a decent game master any game is fun)

yesnomu

First Post
I think someone's already done it, I've seen one on the Wizard boards.

From what I remember, the gap has narrowed, but will is still lowest on average. It depends on monster role a lot, though.

CapnZapp

Legend
I am afraid the lack of a readily available text of the MM2 will slow this process down considerably. No for sure promises but I may feel inclined to take a stab at this.
If you were to type all of that in again, just because WotC decided to not provide you with a legit electronic copy, then... well, let's just say I wouldn't.

Remove ads