Monster Manual 3 New Math?

caudor

Adventurer
No and no, though many of the older monsters _should_ have their damage changed.

Expect to see some higher damage options in newer books, though. Monster Vault will soon be out, and I highly suspect it'll have some much better versions of a number of monsters.

Thank you! Nice to know I don't need to worry about changing every monster and trap from my older books and adventures (except those specifically listed in the MM1 errata). 'Higher damage options' is a good way to put it. I like that word...options.

Thanks again :)

SSquirrel

Explorer
Wizards would make some of us very happy if the compendium would update the math on all the older monsters tho. We just started a Revenge of the Giants game and our DM is having to do it manually heh

Colmarr

First Post
Wizards would make some of us very happy if the compendium would update the math on all the older monsters tho. We just started a Revenge of the Giants game and our DM is having to do it manually heh

You poor buggers. Our DM introduced us to the new math in the module, and it was a very rude shock. :)

SSquirrel

Explorer
oh, I made 5 of the 6 PCs and twinked us all pretty hard, but w/in the rules heh. We're pretty nasty. The first couple of encounters he saw how much we overpowered them and we all voted for new monster math for future sessions

caudor

Adventurer
I still have not figured how to update monsters with any level of confidence.

I did read somewhere that it is not necessary to update heroic tier monsters. I'm not sure this is correct, but it would be nice if it was true.

Perhaps I need to find an Upgrading Monsters for Dummies thread.

Aegeri

First Post
You don't need to update most heroic tier monsters, except maybe a few of the more poorly designed ones in the past. Otherwise they work pretty fine and were always competitive. It was paragon and above that monsters began to rapidly fall off the "meaningful threat" scale.

SSquirrel

Explorer
I still have not figured how to update monsters with any level of confidence.

I did read somewhere that it is not necessary to update heroic tier monsters. I'm not sure this is correct, but it would be nice if it was true.

Perhaps I need to find an Upgrading Monsters for Dummies thread.

The link for MM3 on a business card was pretty great. My DM loved it when I showed it to him

Remove ads