• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manual: Legendary Evils Complete Set!!

mykelsss

First Post
DDM Spoilers by Greyhaze

Keep in mind it is called ddmspoilers for a reason! Turn away now if you follow the path of the purist! :D

Some analysis:

1. Paint jobs appear much better this time around, although there appear to be some stinkers in the bunch. Miniatures always look much different in-hand though.
  2. Brown and green dragons are insta-buys for me. The green dragon is absolutely vicious looking.
  3. The Beholder is purple? Ahaha, not really knocking it, though. I think the eye looks a little cartoonish but the figure as a whole certainly looks better than the last one which I found to be the worst of the five. I think there's five. ;)
  4. War Troll looks cool although I'd like to see a different angle on him. I like to see them big noses.
  5. The foulspawn look great. Although I can't say I'll be using them in my campaign, I'm very glad the sets are more focused now instead of trying to get in a single monster figure representative of each race. Very much in-line with the 4E mindset. By this I mean how we have 2-3 types of monsters (githerzerai, goblins, duergar, foulspawn, elementals, slaads).
  6. Speaking of slaads, they look great.
  7. The translucent plastic commonly used for the elementals is in full-force here. Purely a matter of taste but I tend to dislike it unless it's done well. The Storm Titan is a good example of it done well while the Psychic Sentinel looks like it was crafted out of jello.
  8. The Horrid Scarab Larva Swarm looks like a pile of coins. Could make for a nifty trap idea. Or not, hahah.
  9. The choice of huges seems much better this time. Nearly all of the huges would scream out "buy these minis!!" to the consumer.

Last edited:

Novem5er

First Post
Wow! Nice minis... these can't be the for-release paint jobs, can they? For the most part they look VERY good.

I also note the two Draconian figures ;) I might have to start buying minis again, ESPECIALLY now that some of the awesome minis are visible.

mykelsss

First Post
Yeah, based on Greyhaze's images of the past set (which weren't ever updated and are for-release paint jobs), I'd say it's safe to assume these are the final paint jobs.

Jack99

Adventurer
Sweet. Definitely a big improvement over the last time.

Btw, speaking of figures, does anyone know a link to a complete list (with pictures) of the last line (the one released recently)?

mykelsss

First Post
Something odd though: This brown dragon has four legs. In the Draconomicon the adults quite clearly have two stubby legs, but I realize that somehow brown dragon wyrmling has all four. A shame: The 2-legged one looked quite cool.

Last edited:

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Something odd though: Brown dragons have four legs. In the Draconomicon the adults quite clearly have two stubby legs, but I realize that somehow brown dragon wyrmling has all four. A shame: The 2-legged one looked quite cool.
No they don't, they have four legs in every picture. Look at Nefermandias, he is a four-legged brown. The dragon on page 169 has his/her hind legs curled up underneath the front legs.

Remove ads