• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manual: Legendary Evils Complete Set!!

Huw

First Post
Some good reprints (recasts?) there. Best of all, Beholder, Balor and Green Dragon all as visibles!

Seen the character pack PHH2? Not quite as impressive. Looks like the repaint policy is still very much in place.

Couple decent miniatures for PCs in there:

Aurak Draconian is probably the best substitute for a Dragonborn spellcaster I've seen
Bolraza, Priestess of Bane I could see used for an edgy violent Elf/Eladrin PC
Doom Dreamer is a pretty decent generic spellcaster
The two Githzerai are both quality PC miniatures when the race becomes available for PHB3
Human Rabble is borderline, but a good figure for a Ruthless Ruffian Rogue.
Minotaur Thug could work for a less tankish Minotaur PC, but this one is borderline

JohnnyQuest

First Post
Seen the character pack PHH2? Not quite as impressive. Looks like the repaint policy is still very much in place.

It's not really a policy. It's just that the change in packaging required 36 PC sculpts for the first two series of Player's Handbook Heroes. Given that production time can be up to one year, and the fact that the already-produced sets didn't have that many PC sculpts, there was a need to use existing molds for some minis in the first two series (four in PHH1, five in PHH2). From here on, we won't see any more repaints.

Awesome looking set!

A good mix of classic creatures and newer 4e creatures.

That Goblin Cutter is awesome! and a common no less

The Storm Giant will be a first come first purchase in the stores.

The Brown dragon looks good and green has a nice pose (even with the spikes)

Looks like I'm back into buying figures. Not sure if that is good or bad.... :confused:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Wow - some nice looking ones in there. Not quite enough to buy a case, but lots of singles.

After the first MM set, which I bought only a few singles, this one looks much better.

As a 3.x player, not all of them are useful, but that Psychic Sentinel can certainly be used as a ruby golem.

Let's see....

1. Adult brown dragon - cool
3. Aurak Draconian - Good
4. Balor - nice
5. Barghest - servicable
6. Huge beholder - excellent
12 & 13 - Duergars - servicable
15. Huge Green Dragon - very nice
16. Elder Iron Dragon - Usable
24. Goristro - I'll take 4
30. Psychic Sentinel (this will be a ruby golem for me)
31. Remorhaz - about time
33. Salamander (2 please)
34. Scarecrow (kind of an ugly mini, but servicable)
35. Sivak Draconian - nice to have
38. Talon Slaad (as a Blue Slaad)
40. Yochlol (finally! I'll take 4!)

No use: Air Archon Zephyrhaunt, priestess of bane, chillfire destroyer (any ideas how to use this, 3.5 fans?), chull (already have that), djinn (already have a djinn), doom dreamer (boring), earth archon, foulspawns, frost titan, githzerai (plenty from earlier sets), goblin (plenty from earlier sets), hezrou (the hezrou from a previous set is my all-time favorite mini, so no use for this one), swarm, human, irontooth, minotaur, griffon, slaad spawn (no use for 3.x), war troll (have enough trolls).

So I have use for 17 of 40.

The pose is frightening AND it's a HUGE - imagine that taking up so many squares on the battle mat... scary i tell you, scary!
I love the pose, I just wish it fit on its base a little better! There's nothing that annoys me more than a mini that takes up the space adjacent to it... Let's sculpt "up" not "out"!

6. The Horrid Scarab Larva Swarm looks like a pile of coins. Could make for a nifty trap idea. Or not, hahah.
Personally, I think the person who posted the spoilers must have got the name of that mini wrong: Hoard scarab swarms (not "Horrid" scarab swarms) are a monster that's supposed to resemble a pile of coins. Thus, I don't think the appearance of the mini is a coincidence.

mykelsss

First Post
Personally, I think the person who posted the spoilers must have got the name of that mini wrong: Hoard scarab swarms (not "Horrid" scarab swarms) are a monster that's supposed to resemble a pile of coins. Thus, I don't think the appearance of the mini is a coincidence.

Ahhhh, that makes much more sense. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads