Monster Mash: Evilhalfling vs. renau1g

covaithe

Explorer
EvilhRenau1g001.png

I've put both teams in fairly random order; if you want them adjusted you can post their starting positions with your init rolls. Anywhere north of row G for Evilh, and anywhere south of AA for renau1g.

Roll init separately for each group of identical monsters. No duplicates here, so each monster gets its own roll.

The river is 20' below the bridge. No falling damage if you go in, but if you don't have a climb or fly speed you'll have to make climb checks to get back up. The round stone thing around R10 is a low ruined tower, the remaining wall is about 5' high and can provide improved cover to medium creatures, just cover to large ones.

Trees are difficult terrain, and having one complete square of trees between you and an opponent provides concealment. Two squares provides total concealment.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
"Now Demons and undead?, will people quit at nothing to seize my magic beans?"
Having critically succeeded at initiative [total 23], Will will drop the lead rope, and brandishing his Descetran Dung Rake (club) stride to the bridge (I-9)

"Remember Bessie, if they get too close, use your feet, don't just moo at them like last time."

Bessie's cow bell rings mournfully as the Descetran scratches at the pack saddle.

OOC: this assumes Will is not beaten to the bridge or killed before 23
Bessie acts on 22, Angel on 14.

renau1g

First Post
The succubus calls out "Get those beans! The master demands them" in a soothing voice, directing the monsters towards the human.

The paralyth (the animated spine and brain of a humanoid) begins its unearthly movement towards the enemies, somehow flying despite its lack of wings. It stops and hovers just under the treeline to gain the benefit of being covered by the foliage.

The devil follows the paralyth into the trees, using them to keep herself from view of the enemies until she can better gain an idea of their abilities. The one thing the master hadn't told her about was what this trio was capable of.

[sblock=OOC]
Paralyth: Move (speed 8) to U15 (to gain total concealment)
Standard: Total Defense (+2 to all defenses)
Minor: n/a

Succubus: Move: to V15 (to gain total Concealment)

Ettin goes after the Destrachan (it has a lower Init bonus)
[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Bessie wanders sideways (G-7) and stops to eat something in the grass. She startles easily if approached.

Judge/Audience [sblock] Bessie readies a sound pulse at the first enemy coming in range [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The two heads look at each "Get the beans, yes?" the left head says, "Yes, for the mistress." the right replies. They heft their weapons and begin marching towards their foes with surprising speed. The giant stops behind the tower, waiting for the orders to proceed.

Meanwhile, the gargoyle-esque abishai smiles a toothy grin and disappears from view.

[sblock=DM & Observers]
Ettin: Move to T9, to gain cover from the ruined tower.

Abishai: Standard - Shadow Meld - turns invisible and moves 6 squares. It
remains invisible until the end of its next turn. (to V16)
Move - Fly to P16
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
The floating brain and the devil slip into the trees. (ooc: the trees are difficult terrain; entering a tree square costs 2 squares, so I don't see how to get to U15 and V15 on a single move. I've put them slightly farther back, but still with total concealment. We can change that if you'd prefer them to do otherwise.)

Will and Bessie move toward the bridge. (ooc: you haven't given a standard action for Will, so I'll assume total defense.)

The ettin rumbles forward, pausing behind the tower. (ooc: speed 6 only gets him to U9. He still has cover for the moment...)

The abishai disappears.

[sblock=renau1g]Furthest forward I can get him is Q16, hope that's ok.[/sblock]

Initiatives

Paralyth 96/96, total concealment, +2 to defenses tsnt
Succubus 90/90, total concealment, +2 to defenses tsnt
Will 1/1, +2 to defenses tsnt
"Bessie" 122/122
Ettin, head 1 222/222, +2 to defenses tsnt
Abishai 51/51, invisible tent
Angel 168/168, attacks against are at -2 <== you're up
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g002.png

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Covaithe]
Ettin gets 2 move actions per round, 1 for each head, as well as 2 standard & two minors, everything else is fine.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=renau1g]Yes, but his second set of actions happen on a different initiative count, which in this case is after the angel goes.[/sblock]

Remove ads