Monster Pantheon vs Racial Pantheon

Lab_Monkey

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
Are you kidding?

No.

Kamikaze Midget said:
For the believers, those gods DO truly exist in our world in every way that the D&D deities do in the D&D universe.

Existence in the mind of the believer and actual existence are not the same thing. In the D&D universe, the Gods absolutely do exist whereas in our universe, I suspect you would agree that Zeus, Hera, and Athena are no more than characters in an extinct belief system. That belief system has had far reaching consequences for how the world has developed, however that doesn't make Zeus any more able to grant spells to his followers.

I'm not interested in bringing any modern religions into this in any way, shape, or form. My comment was only in the context of Greek vs. Egyptian vs. Norse mythology, not in reference to any extant religion. My point was only that the development of various ancient (and now extinct) religions in our world is not analogous to religions in the D&D universe because the ground rules are different. I think that the direction that the design team seems to be taking 4e in this regard is a positive change.

Again, just my opinion.

Remove ads