• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Vault adventure... any info?

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Man, WotC sure has kept the lid on HotFK and Monster Vault. Sure, we're seeing some previews on Mondays and Fridays now, put I'm surprised there haven't been more leaks or preview copies in premier stores. Premier release is only 12 days away!

Anyway, I'd really like to know:
1) What is the level of this adventure?
2) Is it a sequel to Reavers of Harkenwold from the DM kit?
3) What is the premise? You know, the synopsis used to advertise a normal adventure... usually months prior to release.

Anyone?

Markn

First Post
Um, Monster Vault is a boxed set monster manual that comes with tokens among other things. Think new versions of MM1 creatures with a splash of new ones in there.

I'm not aware of any adventure that is a part of it.

Almacov

First Post
The adventure is titled "Cairn of the Winter King", and it's for 4th level characters.
That's all I can gather from what they've previewed.

Reaper Steve

Explorer
The adventure is titled "Cairn of the Winter King", and it's for 4th level characters.
That's all I can gather from what they've previewed.

4th level would make it an appropriate follow-on to Reavers, even if it isn't a sequel in plot. This pleases me. :)

Markin: Monster Vault comes with a 128 page book, 10 sheets of tokens (corrected), and a 32 page adventure (see details from Almacov.)

Last edited:

Markn

First Post
4th level would make it an appropriate follow-on to Reavers, even if it isn't a sequel in plot. This pleases me. :)

Markin: Monster Vault comes with a 128 page book, 8 sheets of tokens, and a 32 page adventure (see details from Almacov.)

My bad. Did not know that. Thanks for the tip! ;)

fanboy2000

Adventurer
My understanding was that a DM could start with the Red Box and then continue on through the DM Kit and the Monster Vault adventures, thus providing an adventure path for the group.

Most of the hoopla around the Vault has been about the monsters though.

Last edited:

Scribble

First Post

Remove ads