• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Vault First Impressions...

Scribble

First Post
Soooo Over the Holiday weekend I used my 50% off coupon from Borders to get the Monster Vault (sorry FLGS.)

I haven't really done too much in-depth reading of it, but my short 10 minute on the can preview leaves me saying WOW!

If you like flavor this is a decent book.

Already it has me dreaming up a few new ideas.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Agreed - I love it. I've been throwing nothing but Monster Vault bad guys at my players in my in-person campaign for the past couple of sessions, and I've enjoyed them very much.

Oulak

First Post
MV is soooooo worth it! The monsters are great, the fluff is amazing, the tokens are really useful, and the adventure is really really underrated. I love how the intro to it is just so...adventurous. I was drooling while reading it, basking in its adventurocity.

AngryMojo

First Post
I love that we're seeing continual improvement on the monster books as the game progresses. MM2 was cool, MM3 was great, Monster Vault may be my new favorite.

zoroaster100

First Post
I'm very pleased so far with the Monster Vault and MM3 monsters I've run. Definitely improved design over the MM1 monsters. In the new campaign I've just started to run I'm trying to use only monsters from those two books, except when I have time to update older monsters with stats and powers similar to the MV or MM3 monsters.

Aegeri

First Post
I am impressed with the Monster Vault overall. Very impressed. I am disappointed at the lack of epic monsters, but overall the design here is second to none.

There is rapidly approaching a time where I won't even look at books before the MM3 for monsters anymore. Monster Manual 3, Monster Vault, Dark Sun Campaign Guide and Demonomicon have so much good stuff. So much.

Remove ads