• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Vault Token Storage

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I was wondering what you guys did in regards to storing the tokens from the Monster Vault products.

Right now, I have the tokens from MV 1 in with the box. This new one, though, doesn't have a box. I was hoping to put them together, but I think it's more than I can cram into the box.

So how do you store your tokens? Any products that are helpful?

SabreCat

First Post
I have the Monster Vault and several of the counter collections from Fiery Dragon. I use [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Double-Photo-Keeper-Cases-Iris/dp/B001MY9Z7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307762408&sr=8-1]photo cases[/ame] for them, organized alphabetically and by size category (so "Medium ABC" might go in one of the small cases, "Huge E-Z" in another), with a few cases set aside for especially common types--"Goblins", "Humans", and "Demons & Devils" ended up in their own cases as the collection got larger.

Dan'L

First Post
Pogs!

Pog Storage Store Online

Actually, I don't know if the tokens are the exact same diameter as pogs, but they're pretty close, and it would only be for the "medium" size creatures. Anybody willing to 'fess up to owning pogs & make a comparison?

-Dan'L

I don't just own Pogs , I have D&D Pogs! With classic art like Elmore on them. Don't know where they are right now, though.
As I recall, Pogs are between 1.25" and 1.5", so any pog container would fit the D&D tokens, but not snugly, and would be too small for storing any large size tokens.

bpauls

Explorer
I use small-sized enevlopes stored in cardboard file boxes made for large-sized index cards. One envelope per monster-type, organized with A-Z dividers, keeps my 'Goblin: Warrior' and 'Kobold: Skirmisher' tokens neatly arranged and readily accessible...

Mentat55

First Post
I use small Ziploc bags, sorted by PCs, medium monsters, and large monsters right now. If I start accumulating more tokens (like from the Nentir Vale set), I might start sorting them.

The Halfling

Explorer
I use this

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00480OU9U/ref=s9_simh_gw_p201_d10_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1T75QWBJ3RP2P4WMW08K&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846"]Bead Storage Case[/ame]

I can fit 8 1" pogs per mini case.

I use the snack sized ziplock bags, divided by type (somewhat arbitrarily). Off the top of my head, I have categories like these:

PC race humanoids
Goblinoids, orcs, kobolds, and gnolls
Other humanoids
Large natural beasts
Other natural beasts
Magical beasts
Undead
Aberrations
Immortals

Obviously, some of these categories overlap, so I sort them by whichever category seems more important (i.e., a zombie is undead rather than a humanoid).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads