• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monsters and Magic Item sources for 1E

tx7321

First Post
Does anyone have an exhaustive list of books devoted to 1E (compatable) monster and or magic items (only)? I'm interested in either hard or soft cover publications (but not magazines like Dragon). If you know of European 1E monsters or magic item books I'm interested in those as well.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
barely, but yes! a little over a dozen FR products were produced while the game was still in 1E (unless you count the tons of Dragon articles by Ed Greenwood years before the first FR boxed set came out!)

Glyfair

Explorer
Voadam said:
Chaosium has three old books each with a ton of 1e monsters. They are available cheap as pdfs at enworld.rpgnow.com

Lots of ideas, but an OD&D format and feel to the monsters, I'll add.

Greg Stafford has been auctioning off a lot of old gaming material recently on eBay (things like the pulled TSR John Carter, Warlord of Mars wargame) and had a few of these up. When I didn't win the auction I went looking for other sources for the All the World's Monsters series and discovered the PDFs.

Lots and lots of monsters, but typically only a few sentences describing them.

Remove ads