Monsters/Rules List Compilation PDF

VBMEW-01

First Post
I am going to use this today to run through Raiders of Oakhurst and Second Son never know when you might need to throw in an extra encounter. Can't wait to see my players' faces when they get harpooned (possibly the coolest thing I've seen today.

Thanks for the great effort pal.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I'm glad people like it. :)

Sammael said:
The document is very nice, but could you please provide a version with a plain white background for better readability and to lower the cost of printing?

Sadly, the Word document was corrupted. I just noticed this morning after I came into work. I'm a programmer, so I should know all about revisioning and backups and all that good stuff, but on this one I messed up. I'm trying to recover it, but I dunno...

1of3 said:
Wonderful. Did you make the cover yourself?

Nope! Julie Dillon made them.

Somewhere there were scans of Grells and the Grick, too. You missed those. Can't find them at the moment.

It was inevitable. I'll look for them and see if I can add them to a second version, assuming I can recover the Word file (or remake it). Also the Pit Fiend.

erf_beto said:
PS1: some creatures don't have ability scores? I fist noticed that on the the Spectral Panther and the Shadow Demon, so I thought maybe this is their "incorporeal schtick" and explanation would be buried on one of the many monsters thread around, wich I probably didn't notice, but then I realized it wasnt just them, but also the Balhannoth and the Elf Archer! :lol:

Yeah, when information was missing from a stat block I had the choice of either assigning them myself or just leaving them out. In the end, I decided to do as little mucking with the actual stats themselves as I could except for formatting or cleaning up wording to be more like the "official" Monster Manual blocks.

eleran

First Post
Thanx for that beautiful pdf compilation. A programmer buddy of mine is working on an app that will allow me to input monster statblocks and it will print out initiative cards. He is linking it to a database so i dont have to put creatures in more than once. If anyone is interested I can share it when it is done.

Revinor

First Post
The Human Target said:
The super wonky way Ability Score pluses don't add up the same at all.

They do add correctly in most cases. Bonus given in stat blocks is (stat - 10)/2 + level/2 (both rounded to negative infinity). This bonus is used for any kind of stat checks. It seems that bonus for derived statistics (like damage) is still plain (stat-10)/2, without level component.

From quick look, Cha for gnoll marauder is off (should be +1 instead of +3), but most of the stats seem ok.

Remove ads