D&D 5E Monstrous Compendium Eldraine Creatures

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
My interpretation is it is a move towards online-only publications. A logical move, but one that will be resented.
The tortle and fishpeople appeared as online only pubs what, six years ago?
you know I cant actually think of a DnD adventure module thats set inside a Magical school, would love to get pointers towards some.

as for Eldraine, its actually the Arthurian elements that interest me as DnD lacks a proper ‘Medieval Romance’ setting. I for one would love to see more adventure modules which have PCs involved with Knightly defense of the realm, court intrigue and the enchantment of the fey haunted Wilds
Strixhaven is the MtG meets D&D adventure, mini setting set in a magical school. I've used its elder dragons in my world

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Tortles have been printed in physical books at least twice (Wildemount and Monsters of the Multiverse). The fish guys were an AL thing, not rom the D&D deaign team.
Both several years after after 2018's "The Tortle Package" a digital only supplement for Tomb of Annihilation.

One Grung Above was also digital only in Feb 2020

Locoloth were Sept 2019.

Mini products on digital are not new, not innovative and not an increasing trend when there's one every year

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Both several years after after 2018's "The Tortle Package" a digital only supplement for Tomb of Annihilation.

One Grung Above was also digital only in Feb 2020

Locoloth were Sept 2019.

Mini products on digital are not new, not innovative and not an increasing trend when there's one every year
Fair: and something in an online product might end up in print eventually anyways: like a big Magic book.

My interpretation is it is a move towards online-only publications. A logical move, but one that will be resented.

No, they already made it clear their best, most profitable clients are hybrid digital and physical clients. They know a huge chunk of the market will be lost going all digital and they won't be able to double dip on Hybrid clients anymore.

Would be possible to buy a pack of a digital title but for different products? For example a sourcebook about a new PC specie, and with this as "gift" a code to buy a skin for Fortnite or other videogame. Or if you buy a videogame, this gives as "gift" skins, virtual miniatures and a PDF with the monster statas for D&D Beyond.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I'm pretty sure this is the best your going to get, plus they ruined the setting in March of the Machines.
That's a little bit overboard. The Courts still exist.

They're building back from the fall. If Throne of Eldraine was the time of Arthur, then we're now in the fascinating and shadowy period that comes after. So much of Celtic song and poem are odes to the days gone by. Eldraine now can have that "time before the fall" element to it.

It's not ruined, it's just changed.

The setting that was REALLY utterly transformed by MoM was Theros. Losing all 5 monocolored Greater Deities? It's going to look VERY different now.

Remove ads