Monte Cook's Numenera Approaches Half Million Dollars

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I will not be surprised that, with this level of support, we may be looking more at the capital funding not just for the core book, but for a game line.
It's already a line. Besides the Core book and a Kickstarter exclusive adventure, Monte is already committed to produce: three more adventures, a bestiary, a tech book and a world book.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
It's kind of funny though, his kickstarter for write an old school D&D adventure for LotFP flopped, yet this, while not old school D&D exactly, seems to be trying to capture the spirit, if not the rules, and is doing extremely well.

slobster

Hero
I haven't given anything to the kickstarter because I want to wait to see how it turns out. Looks interesting, though. If there really is a serious attempt to portray post-singularity level tech within the campaign world, I'll likely be throwing my money at them once it comes out.

Either way, I like to see independent projects do well. Especially on kickstarter. It's a sign of a healthy industry, and that can only be good for us, the consumers. Congrats Monte!

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I can't escape the feeling that 5E would have ended up a better product with him involved. A voice to balance out edition bias of the staff if you will.

I agree.

Also, it's a management thing. Monte saw first hand what happens when you let Mike Mearls run with new ideas: Iron Heroes was definitely incomplete when it was first published. That experience of managing Mike and also seeing what happens when that management pressure is not maintained would definitely have helped 5E become a better game.

kitsune9

Adventurer
I am on the opposite sid of the fence Zelkon,
I love the Ghostwalk book for 3.0, and thought Arcana Evolved breathed some fresh air into the D&D Classes paradigm. I thought Ptolus was a fantastic book, and I even liked the d20 Cthulhu and his take on the World of Darkness.
Maybe this shows that I am more impressed with settings, but for me Numenera represents a nice change-up.

I agree with you on this. I thought all his 3.x stuff was awesome and a half and would have loved to see his line go into Pathfinder. Numeria doesn't hold any interest for me though, but wish him well on his endeavor.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Congrats to him.

His stuff has been a hit and miss to me but it is always good to see the industry is being supported. It seems we are in one of those waves of innovation that comes around, lots of interesting things coming out.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
Congrats to him.

His stuff has been a hit and miss to me but it is always good to see the industry is being supported. It seems we are in one of those waves of innovation that comes around, lots of interesting things coming out.

This, exactly.

It warms my heart to see new RPGs receiving this kind of funding.

Remove ads