Monte Cook's World of Darkness

Graf

Explorer
It'll be D20 vampire.
The same sort of thing as Cthulhu D20. Have a basic book, invite some interest, then flog the core product.

It -would- be more interesting if it was a unique product with stand alone story stuff (ala Dark*Matter or CoC). But it wouldn't work well with the existing White Wolf brand.

P.S. This isn't going to be his last product. That's just something people say when they really want to sell something. He may go off and write novels for a few years or try to get a movie or game made off his IP but he'll be back once his brand has had a chance to recharge and sales of Plotus run low.

Urizen

First Post
Voadam said:
I thought Monte had already given up game design for other pursuits, novel writing or some such, after finishing Ptolus. I'd love a d20 Monte Cook's World of Darkness to go along with Unearthed Arcana and Iron Heroes as supplements I can easily raid for my D&D games.

Maybe its just a novel set in WoD, with high magic and Cthulhu elements.

I read his post where he annoucned he was pretty much done writing gaming material for the forseeable future. In that post he mentioned sticking around to do a project that was, and I quote:

"Too good to pass up."

This must have been it.

Urizen

First Post
DuncanOToole said:
Man, my friends who loves the WoD, (me not so much or not at all) would die hearing this. They hate, HATE!! D20modern(if that's what it is.)

Can't wait to tell'em(if it's true. Gonna be fun :D )

I know alot of strictly-WOD gamers who, like your friends, HATE D20. It's going to be funny to see how the hardcore WOD gamers react to this.

DuncanOToole

First Post
Urizen said:
I know alot of strictly-WOD gamers who, like your friends, HATE D20. It's going to be funny to see how the hardcore WOD gamers react to this.
It's funny they've developed this hate quite recently, and I enjoy D20 immensely more than WoD, they just don't want to play D20Modern with me :(

Ranger REG

Explorer
DuncanOToole said:
Man, my friends who loves the WoD, (me not so much or not at all) would die hearing this. They hate, HATE!! D20modern(if that's what it is.)

Can't wait to tell'em(if it's true. Gonna be fun :D )
Please record their reactions on video and post it up on YouTube. :] :] :]

Havlo

First Post
I would very much like to see a fantasy game done with the Storyteller system. I have been wanting something like that for a long time. And yes, I know there is Exalted, I get told that everytime I mention this. But I want something not so over the top powerwise. Something closer to the D&D level (no pun intended). Or a very low magic game ala Iron Heroes. OOOOOH! How cool would that be? Iron Heroes action in the Storyteller system. :)

Remove ads