• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monte's NEW Secret Project

omedon

First Post
I got this quote from this months Line of Site up on Montes site:

After The Book of Hallowed Might's release, I'm going to lock myself in a room for a number of months, working on a very special product. It's going to be big, and it's going to be cool. And big. And like nothing you've seen before. I can't reveal many details yet, but we're talking about a major hardcover release. I know that you're tired of hearing about secret projects from me at this point, but trust me -- this is the book that I pretty much created Malhavoc Press to write. This is the book that my work on 3rd Edition compelled me to do. It will come out in mid-2003. I'm already psyched.

It has peaked my interest. Now let the speculation begin. :)

You can find a list of all the upcoming Malhavoc Press products here.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No, let's not speculate. As Monte said, I'm rather tired of hearing about secrets. Monte is a great guy, but his habit of saying, "I'm working on something really great, but I cannot tell you what it is." is starting to get annoying.

Whatever happened to, "If you can't say something good, say nothing at all?"

omedon

First Post
I agree, with you guys. Thats why put the smile face there.

I just think it is so funny, the number of threads that have debated what Monte's secret WOTC project is. I'm sure this new one will drive the same people wild.

At least we can take ease in the fact that so far Monte has not given any cryptic hints such as "full of icky goodness". This should keep the speculation to a minimum.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Well, what's he supposed to say?

Hey guys! I'm working on a product and WOW is it ever a pile of crud!

or

I'm not really working. I'm just haning out at the office and flirting with the new temp.

or

Here's a rough draft of the product we plan to sell. Download it and tell me what you think, OK?

I agree it is no fun to be teased. But part of his job is to be a bit of a salesman.

omedon

First Post
Just had another thought.

Monte Cook: the master of hype.

He is getting so good at building up a frenzy over his products I bet he could probably teach the people at PS2 and XBox a thing or two.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Whoah...stop the presses! Book of Hallowed Might? This is his Secret Project? When was this announced? What IS it? :eek:

Last edited:

Remove ads