• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morality, laws, so on and so forth!

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Figured it's time to ask!

As we know: It is very evil to kill a surrendered person. Covered that satisfactorily last week.

Now, on to part 2: Exactly how evil is necromancy? Figure the attacking/cursing spells are just like any other magic, but what about raising the dead? Does it make any difference if it's on a temporary basis or more permenant? Is it illegal?

Just curious to know for my own sinister plots. Mwuhahaha, etc. :)

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
What i meant was, does that mean - 1 cast = you = evil - or is it more subtle?

Partly what I'm getting at is - how should we expect to react if Steve animated some corpses?

What about Animate Dead - which is [Evil] - compared to the new Summon Skeleton spell, which doesn't have that descriptor?

I'm trying to work out how animated undead are viewed in the campaign... given that it might become relevant later.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Me animate corpses??? Never!!!

To be honest, I don't think it's really gonna be my forte. I far better like the witch/warlock flavoured spells available, some of which aren't even necromancy based.

However I'm sure I will happen to do it from time to time so it's a point which is gonna come up sometime in the near future.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Inconsequenti-AL said:
I'm trying to work out how animated undead are viewed in the campaign... given that it might become relevant later.

Certainly etremely icky, but not evil in itself. Might well upset people a lot, may get you ostracised or even lynched, but not formally charged with a specific crime.

Graverobbing would be a crime thouugh.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Eccles said:
What's the Diplomacy DC for organising a lynch mob? :p

Why do we get such bad press? All we want to do is preserve your loved ones so that the ycan be with you FOREVER mwhahahahaha! :D

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
And that statment makes the whole business seem so much more wholesome :)

Think it's a base 20, but at least +5 if you want them to be a drunken rowdy mob!

Remove ads