• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morality/Sanity

Sylrae

First Post
I'm coming up with a Morality/Sanity system. It's mostly for World of Darkness, but I can make a d20 adaptation of the rolling mechanics easily and then it could be used in D&D as well.

It should measure the types of things that horrify people, and how they can go insane from it. It would be useful in pretty much any horror game, presumeably.

Tell me what you guys think. Here's a link to the other thread:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...-morality-sanity-wod-generic.html#post5107787.

Kerrick

First Post
Ravenloft and (I believe) Call of Cthulhu have similar systems; you could take a look at those for ideas. Other than that, I'm not conversant with WoD at all.

Sylrae

First Post
In World of Darkness, you play as something that was once human, but now isn't, or you play as a human who'se discovered that horrible monsters exist. It tracks how good of a person you are, on a scale of 1-10, instead of having a 9 axis alignment table.

the problem is that the scale of 1-10 in world of darkness assumes a universal scale of right/wrong, and doesnt cover right but unlawful, or vice versa very well, but unlike D&D, it covers the transition pretty well.

I was unaware UA had a madness system. I've seen ravenloft's and didn't find it impressive, as an evil character who kills people shouldnt go mad when he sees someone else kill people, that just silly.

Remove ads