• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mordenkainens Weapon Emporium ??

Incenjucar

Legend
A list of the ones I recognize:

Eternal Chalk
Restful Bedroll
Magic Tome (Generic Implement)
Reading Spectacles
Floating Lantern
Chime of Opening
Instant Campsite
Map of Unseen Lands
Bottled Smoke
Endless Quiver
Map of Orienteering
Cloak of Displacement
Healer's Sash
Lens of Discernment
Spymaster's Quill
Unfettered Thieves Tools
Bracers of Infinite blades
Survivor's Belt
Diamond Cincture
Periapt of Wound Closure
Flying Hook
Pouches of Shared Acquisition
Ioun Stone of Sustenance
Ioun Stone of Perfect Language
Baldric of Valor

Some other items are basically variants... Lifestealer is very similar to Lifedrinker, Shoes of Water Walking are uber Wavestriders, etc.

On the plus side, they have a lot of "lesser" versions of items, like the Lesser Badge of the Berserker, which are basically non-broken versions of previous absurd items, and "greater" items which are rare versions of normal items.

I'm obviously not going to list all the reprinted mundane items.

1st: Reprinting does not matter for me...

2nd: why the heck is it not in the september update of CB? Even if I buy it, which I am likely doing, as long as you can´t customize, not beeing able to stat out characters is a bit annoying... :(

3rd: Eternal chalk was put to great use in my group. And I more or less forced them to buy it to make the vendor happy^^

Drakhar

First Post
Just a quick thing I'd like to point out, which likely would be overlooked, in the Tome section, it mentions that Wizards automatically have proficiency with them, now the interesting thing is that they said Wizards, not Arcanists, which leads me to believe that it's meant to encompass Bladesingers and Mages as well, as they fall under the umbrella of the Wizard parent class.

Istar

First Post
Thats a bit dissapointing, why reprint stuff already in a source book, you have a whole bunch of source books repeating things, not good.

I thought it would be all new stuff, there are qualtiy shops in auckland where we can get these books, but what is new that might be worth picking up.

Anything in there for standard class's like Barbarian, Warden, Cleric, Monk, Warlock, Ardent ?

Anything about Polearm Expertise ?

If there is enough new stuff that applies to normal class's and not essentials crap then we will get it.

Walking Dad

First Post
It has Flail, Pick and Polearm Expertise.

And a new category of 'Strike' feats, specific to weapon types and only boosting the 'power strike' essentials fighter power.

Istar

First Post
It has Flail, Pick and Polearm Expertise.

And a new category of 'Strike' feats, specific to weapon types and only boosting the 'power strike' essentials fighter power.

What does Polearm Expertise do ??

I have Axe Expertise with my Halberd which lets me re-roll a 1 once per turn.

I wonder if the new one is better.

Mentat55

First Post
I believe Pick Expertise grants you a damage bonus against creatures larger than you, but I am doing this from memory.

Flail Expertise lets you knock someone prone in lieu of sliding them, which is pretty awesome for my slayer: Lashing Flail + Flail Expertise = MBA that knocks prone.

Remove ads