• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

more DDM stats available

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20080124a

Not a huge deal, but I picked up some things that hadn't been confirmed yet. Firstly both the Wulfgar figure, and a "Dracotaur Rager" have "Primal" in their abilities column, which puts more weight behind the "Barbarian as primal" theory.

"But I already knew that, tell me something I don't know!" you yell at me!

Well calm down, there's also a Kalashtar Bodyguard Figure with a mindblade, and bodyguard/defender abilities. (strangely enough, it has the psionic tag).

Now making the Soulknife a Defender might be weird for the people 2 converting them over to 4e, but otherwise I think I like it, a Psionic Warrior always felt like you should be able to just play a multiclass Fighter/Psion (or Fighter/Wilder).

VBMEW-01

First Post
I know you cant really tell much from the DDM side, but looks to me like Wulfgar might be a leader...dunno, bah its late

cdrcjsn

First Post
small pumpkin man said:
Now making the Soulknife a Defender might be weird for the people 2 converting them over to 4e, but otherwise I think I like it, a Psionic Warrior always felt like you should be able to just play a multiclass Fighter/Psion (or Fighter/Wilder).

I knew it!

The psychic warrior beat up the soulknife and took his stuff!

I bet the monk helped him do it and stole some stuff as well.

LordArchaon

Explorer
People, ALL the barbarians there, Wulfgar, Dracotaur and Gnoll are Primal. And Races and Classes also said it quite clearly. So Barbarian IS Primal. And unfortunately I see no whirlwind attaks able to make them controllers, so they're Primal Defenders

vagabundo

Adventurer
LordArchaon said:
People, ALL the barbarians there, Wulfgar, Dracotaur and Gnoll are Primal. And Races and Classes also said it quite clearly. So Barbarian IS Primal. And unfortunately I see no whirlwind attaks able to make them controllers, so they're Primal Defenders

Bingo! Makes the most sense...

Druid should be the primal controller.

So what will be the primal striker and leader??

Spatula

Explorer
The two kuo-toa in Night Below have a Rage subtype that doesn't appear on anyone else, that I saw. Kinda curious.

I wouldn't read too much into these abilities... the Kalashtar Bodyguard has defender-type powers probably more because it's called Kalashtar Bodyguard than because it's a soulknife. :)

Engilbrand

First Post
Why are they automatically Defenders? They seem to make more sense as Strikers. Even if they have a lot of hit points, that just means that they're meant to do the close stuff. They can't shrug off damage or hinder attackers. All that they can do is beat the hell out of them. Hard.

Klaus

First Post
vagabundo said:
Bingo! Makes the most sense...

Druid should be the primal controller.

So what will be the primal striker and leader??
Y'know, a Bard would look pretty nifty as a Primal Leader. It'd really differentiate the Bard from an Enchanter, and give an instant fluff to the Bard's abilities (they tap into the Music inherent to the world).

Remove ads