• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More reasons to love Monte

Geoffrey

First Post
After reading the FAQ on this, I'm at least 95% sure I'm going to buy this. I especially like the following:

1. no cliched dwarves, elves, gnomes, and halflings (I can't tell you how tired I am of these guys.)

2. no alignment

3. a unified spell list

4. non-Vancian magic system

NLP

First Post
Why August?

Instead of having the book come out in August, why not shoot for Gen Con in July? It would make a great debut book for Gen Con. Then gamers can be standing in line to get your new book instead of one produced by WotC. You would make lots of extra money that way too. :)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Snoweel said:
Ooh! Ooh! Can I be Ruin Explorer?

(ahem)

You have absolutely NO PROOF that Sibbicai were intended to be used in that role, NO PROOF whatsoever! I demand that you produce proof of your claims. I'm calling you on this! Can you produce proof or are you going to pretend you never saw this post? I'm going to keep calling you on this, y'know! I demand you to back up your claims with proof...

Do you think Cyberzombie will let anyone else be CZ this time around?

And the improvements we can make to the faptheon...

Jeez, that does sound like Ruin. Where is that rascal, anyway? I know he hangs at Nutkinland, but I haven't seen him around here in a while...

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Monte At Home said:
"Hmm.... In Rolemaster, there is a race EXACTLY like this called the Sibbicai, who happen to be somewhat feral humanoid canines, whose name is pronounced EXACTLY the same....."

Hmm... and who wrote the book where they appeared, and recently regained the rights to the material? :)

LOL! This is probably the greatest comeback I've ever seen on a message board.

John Crichton

First Post
From the way this sounds, I'd be interested in the book just because of the new races. But with the magic system changes and new classes it's a definite purchase for me. :)

Now, I'm going to GenCon for certain. I was going anyway, but now I'll have a chance to pick up something cool for my game a bit early.... :cool:

Originally posted by Monte At Home
"Hmm.... In Rolemaster, there is a race EXACTLY like this called the Sibbicai, who happen to be somewhat feral humanoid canines, whose name is pronounced EXACTLY the same....."

Hmm... and who wrote the book where they appeared, and recently regained the rights to the material?
Dang. Now that is a zing! LOL :D

Last edited:

Tsyr

Explorer
Monte At Home said:

Hmm... and who wrote the book where they appeared, and recently regained the rights to the material? :)

:D

Best. Comeback. Ever.

Anyhow, this book is making me drool on my keyboard... My hatred for Monte grows by leaps and bounds every time I remember that it's not due out for almost a full year.

Sulimo

First Post
Monte At Home said:

;) Hmm...I wonder what this means for RM books like Creatures & Monsters....

You know when I first heard of this I thought it sounded like the kind of thing that appeared in the old Rolemaster companions.

Last edited:

Olive

Explorer
i might be the only person is is only very vaguely interested in this... i like D&D, i like elves etc, and i like the magic...

mayb by next year i'll be more sick of D&D3e, but i doubt this is what i'm going to be looking for...

JoeGKushner

First Post
To me, this is a big step of D&D stepping up. I'm really hoping that it'll make some good expansions to the system and that we see those expansions take root in many different places as well.

I'm hoping that unlike Everquest, it's more compatible. The racial bonuses for example, I found to be a tad off in Everquest. I also didn't like the way they did the experience point penalty to balance the races. It's an idea but is it the right one?

I hope that other publishers take heart from a maneuver like this and utilize their own skills in bringing something like this to market.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads