• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More wierdness from Avalanche

JoeCrow

Explorer
For the purposes of this thread I'd like to avoid the usual "T & A covers are EVIL" thread derailment, and concentrate on more intellectual issues. I'd like y'all to hop on over to http://www.avalanchepress.com/gameDOO.html and check the cover of "Doom of Odin".

Done? Good. Now, maybe you can tell me...

What in Surtur's name is she doing? Trying to strangle herself with the bowstring? Sitting on an invisible chair? Huh? What's going on with THAT?

:confused:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
JoeCrow said:
What in Surtur's name is she doing? Trying to strangle herself with the bowstring? Sitting on an invisible chair? Huh? What's going on with THAT?

:confused:

Well...

Usually I like Avalanche covers, I like pretty girls with not so much clothes, as most men (even if they say another politically correct thing) do. ;)

But this cover sucks! As Greenland cover, the poses of the girls are clearly wrong, forced, bizarre and extremely unrealistic... :(

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Is she lapdancing?
Or a stance from the Kamasutra?
Damn! This is distastefull! I don't mind beautifull women on covers of my RPG products, but not with the legs SPREAD! It almost looks like that the illustration was actually done for Heavy Metal or something, the clothes and bow seem to be drawn as an after thought...

bushfire

First Post
It's an illustrative example of the new "Squat-Shot" feat from the book??. Prereqs are Point-Blank Shot and Extreme Flatulence (from Portable Hole Full of Beer (contains no alcohol))

It almost looks like that the illustration was actually done for Heavy Metal or something
From the web page:
"Cover art by noted Heavy Metal magazine artist, Lorenzo Sperlunga"

ajanders

Explorer
The picture is of Pamela Anderson.
Wearing a leather bikini and attempting to fire a bow whilst doing a deep-knee bend.
Mr. Sperlunga has never tried archery, has he?
I pulled my bow out and experimented with that pose: it's not humanly possible.
*Sigh*...Don't know how much that cost, but it was not money well spent on Atlas' part.
aja

Cergorach

The Laughing One
ajanders said:
Mr. Sperlunga has never tried archery, has he?
I pulled my bow out and experimented with that pose: it's not humanly possible.
[/B]

Just because you can't do doesn't mean it's impossible. I think the pose is definately possible, but the amount of strength in the legs and arms would have to be very high. Only problem is that i don't see the point in firing a bow like that. Maybe the floor is really hot and there is an invisible barrel (or something else ;-) between her legs???

Cergorach said:

Just because you can't do doesn't mean it's impossible. I think the pose is definately possible, but the amount of strength in the legs and arms would have to be very high. Only problem is that i don't see the point in firing a bow like that. Maybe the floor is really hot and there is an invisible barrel (or something else ;-) between her legs???

That picture is pathetic, seriously. It has almost no value from a technical, artistic or commercial standpoint. Badly done in every respect.

I also have to agree with Ajanders. That pose is not humanly possible. At least not if you intend to fire that bow with any accuracy and power.

Of course, accuracy has never been an issue with an Avalanche cover.;) :rolleyes:

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Arcane Runes Press said:
That picture is pathetic, seriously. It has almost no value from a technical, artistic or commercial standpoint. Badly done in every respect.

I'm devinately NOT challeging that statement. Just said that although i think that it is humanly possible, that stance is about as useless as drinking water upside down for sport...

drnuncheon

Explorer
Cergorach said:
I'm devinately NOT challeging that statement. Just said that although i think that it is humanly possible, that stance is about as useless as drinking water upside down for sport...

Drinking water upside down always gets rid of my hiccups...

J
...but the stance is still pretty useless. It's not even a good use of the 'attract horny teenager' feat...

Remove ads