• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mormons, Mayhem, and JFK

Nera Mente

First Post
so i have to tell everyone, playing myself was the hardest character i've ever role-played. james, josh and i were dumb-founded when fenzer asked us to write down our own personal stats. i'll bug fenzer about finishing the post. the rest of the story is pretty crazy.

i'm terrified of black suburbans. and wouldn't you know it, fenzer drives one.

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Hey!!! I resemble that Title

Woot! Woot! Woot!

Very cool fenzer! I just live north of yous guys in Logan. I know these places in your story. (Gasp, horror of horrors) And one of your players actually goes to BYU (Never did like the cougars but they kick the crap out of the Aggs regularly). Anywho, just showering some praise on your Cthulhu game.

Son of Thunder

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Thanks Son_of_thunder. I know what you mean. I drive by these places almost every day and I keep reliving the game. It's a sad commentary but there you have it.

I told my players that I was posting the story hour. I told them to leave a few words if they felt like it. It looks like Jen, Nera Mente, stoped by, thanks Nera. Josh, or Joust, as he is known here might give a wave, we'll see. James is not yet a memeber of this great community but I'm working on him.

By the way and just for the record, my black suburban was built in 1985 and is covered in rust but hey whatever works.

Last edited:

Re: Hey!!! I resemble that Title

Son_of_Thunder said:
Woot! Woot! Woot!

Very cool fenzer! I just live north of yous guys in Logan. I know these places in your story. (Gasp, horror of horrors) And one of your players actually goes to BYU (Never did like the cougars but they kick the crap out of the Aggs regularly). Anywho, just showering some praise on your Cthulhu game.

Son of Thunder
I know you don't mean the Texas A&M Ags! I went into the MTC with my A&M tie just a week or two after Holiday Bowl 1991 -- where Ty Detmer got his shoulder separated twice and we clobbered BYU by a margin of, what, 55 points or so? I about got tarred and feathered a few times...

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
I meant Utah State Aggies

Hey Joshua Dyal!

Yer right, I didn't mean Texas A&M. Utah State University is a good school with fairly crappy sports. I'm definitely a fair weather fan of the Aggs, when they're winning it's great, when they're losin' they suck. That's cool you went to the Empty Sea.

Later,

Son of Thunder

Yeah, growing up in that same town as A&M I always thought the Aggies were such a strange name. But theres Utah State, University of New Mexico (or is it New Mexico State?) and someone else too that I can't remember.

And our sports haven't been very great lately either. But I'm still a fan!

Empty Sea!
lol.gif

Last edited:

Joust

First Post
Joust here, just checking in on my good buddy Fenzer's story hour. As Nera Mente mentioned, playing yourself has its own challenges. After playing D&D for so long where heroic behavior is common, in Fenzer's game I was constantly asking myself if my actions would be realistic for me in real life. But that was part of the fun of it too.

Another fun aspect: Fenzer had us "equipped" for this adventure just as we were when in college. I'm sure glad I owned a gun, a 4WD truck, and some camping gear back in college! You'll see why if you keep reading this story hour.

fenzer

AARRGG!!

Sorry for not posting, I have been fighting my computer and it looks like it won. I need to replace my motherboard and processor, don't ask.

Anyway, I am using a laptop but I don't have my notes on this computer. I should have things fixed in a day or two. I will post as soon as possible.

Thanks.

fenzer

Re: Good stuff...

threshel said:
Fenzer,

I came to this thread by way of jonroq's story hour, and I'm glad I did. That was a great opening to read, and it sounded like fun to play. You write well, and should continue.
I agree about the dogs. First time I've literally jumped because of a movie in years.

:)
J

Thanks threshel, I appreciate the kind words. No joke about the dogs, I jumped the second time I saw it even knowing it was coming.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads