• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morphing equipment

laughingbuhda

First Post
Hello All,

I have a lycanthrope character in my campain(sp) and am trying to find a way that he can enlarge his equipment when he changes shape. There doesn't appear to be any spells in the players that allow for this. There doesn't appear to be any items that can enlarge by themselves either.

Is there a way in 3.5 to enlarge items and not the user of said items?

thank you in andvance.

In Complete Adventurer, there's a weapon enhancement (+1 cost) called ... "Shifting?"

It causes the weapon to correctly resize to your assumed form, and is meant mostly as an aid towards shapeshifting wizards and clerics.

laughingbuhda

First Post
What if the character gets in a fight in a city setting. very few cities take kindly to be lycanthropes killing people, even if it is in self defense.

ty for the book, I'll look up 'Shifting'.

mzsylver

Explorer
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
In Complete Adventurer, there's a weapon enhancement (+1 cost) called ... "Shifting?"

It causes the weapon to correctly resize to your assumed form, and is meant mostly as an aid towards shapeshifting wizards and clerics.

Complete Adventurer (p 127)

Sizing: The wielder of a sizing weapon can change the weapon's size catgory to any other size category as a standard action. Spellcasters who frequently polymorph themselves appreciate weapons with the sizing special ability. (+1 bonus)

You may also want to consider a variant of the Wild enhancement from the DMG that, instead of working for wildshape, works for lycanthropy shapechange.

Good luck! =)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads