• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morrowind as a campaign setting?

Gez

First Post
What Morrowind needed was a stacking mechanism like D&D.

"No, you already have a +10 Alchemy bonus to Int. Drinking another potion of +10 Intelligence Fortification will only extends a bit the duration of the effect, since the first will end in 3 rounds, and this unquaffed potion would last 10 rounds from ingestion."

Frostflame

First Post
Seems cool to me, I used to play morrowind a lot and it has quite a lot of potential as a campaignsetting. You can use the history and stuff and just retain the normal D&D mechanics. And in the end it's your campaign so if you don't like some parts, remove them.

Suldulin

First Post
Meadred said:
Thanks for the suggestion! As I don't have "Elements of Magic" (yet?!), what is the main reasoning for using that?

Also, to both Sado and Suldulin, did you try to convert the enormous amount of information regarding the setting into player handouts or something like that?

Cheers,
Meadred

iirc, not that much, the most work was really races. Though I mostly used other things as a base, (for example: though ebberon wasn't out when I did my orginal homebrew, the Kalashter could make a good base/starting point for a breton and/or high elf)

as for why EoMrev is such a good feat, is because it's mana base and it's easy to create your own spells. It's pretty close to a perfect fit.

Classes I would say work with mixing in generic classes with the EoM classes. . .

For example a nightblade could be a taskmage or taskmage/expert with sneak attack feats.

Firebird

Explorer
Morrowind makes a great setting

I was able to make extensive use of it for a "side" jaunt from my main campaign some time ago. Seyda Neen comprises all of the items a starting party needs: Inn, Trading Post, authority figures, a set nearby ruins and bandit caverns, and numerous ready to go NPC's.

It was easy to create the various races available since there are many iterations of lizardfolk, catfolk, orc, elf varients, and humans with regional differences. out there you can tap. The skill system is also similar enough to serve as a framework for conversion. Items were easy to adapt as well, though I had to ignore the whole item falls to pieces through use mechanic of Morrowind.

The real work for me was to rework the magic system and the star-signs everyone had based on their birthdate and so on. A minor gift relating to a characters "sign" was a nice touch and is almost always overlooked in other settings (Relics & Rituals 2 touches on it as well).

Joba Tett

First Post
Hello there Morrowind/D20 lovers. I'm here to guide show you the way to greatness....with my WIP MorrowinD20! It's called MorrowinD20 because I started with Morrowind, though I plan on adding content from all the games!
frabz-I-WANT-YOU-To-help-me-make-MorrowinD20-4b707f.jpg
It will be available in a free pdf form. I'm looking for people who are dedicated and want to see an unofficial Morrowind RPG. If you'd like to join, House Rules <that site has my progress so far, though I plan on making new classes/spells/ect. so please join that site and PM ASAP! And if that wasn't enough, look at this:
MorrowindBook.gif
Join now!

Remove ads