• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morrus stay out. Okay, fine, you can come in. Everyone else come in too.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
On the art front, I'm assuming y'all didn't see the wedding invitation art Claudio did.

<snip>

I'm discussing with one of Russ's face-to-face friends about gift ideas; he's actually seen the man's house, so can give us a clue on what not to get.
No. I did not see that. That is awesome!

Claudio is the coolest. :cool:

dicechild

First Post
Late to the game

Sorry I am so late to the game. I would also like to pitch in between 10 and 20 if I still can. Let me know who what and where?

As for some more ideas, I think all above are good. Maybe Personalized light sabers :). Or more realistically, if anyone knows some people into metalworking maybe we could have some silverware made with saber hafts, or plates with scenes etched into them. Might be stupid, but all the good ones were taken :).

Just found some saber chopsticks here
http://www.thegreenhead.com/2009/12/star-wars-lightsaber-chopsticks.php

Last edited:

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking:

Low - Apple gift card. According to the 'real world friend,' the couple loves their iStuff, and if we can't round up enough money for the rest of the stuff, we can just let them acquire tons of apps and not-quite-mp3s.

Medium - Registry car duet, with light saber chopsticks on the side. Maybe $200.

High - Not sure. Any ideas? We need to finalize a list by Monday.

Here are our current options and suggestions. If you have any more suggestions or comments, please post them today.

Low
Gift card to Amazon.
Gift card to Apple/iTunes.
Ceramic gnomes.

Medium
Comics poster(s).
Delorian and Bluesmobile.
Lightsaber replica for the Missus. (Russ apparently got a replica Tardis as a gift, so with a lightsaber they could recreate Claudio's illustration.)

Alternately, I could just ask him, hey, are you going to Gen Con next year, at which point we can gather cash for that.

Last edited:

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Frankly I think just collecting cash would be the best gift ever. They can use it for Gen Con, house stuff, bills, or whatever. Those friends and artists of the couple can gift them with their own special gifts.

Gifting with caveats is stressful to the gifted. There should be no strings attached. We would be providing stress relief, potential emergency savings, potential "date nights", potential worry free FUN. It's not just cash. It's a worry free "help bomb" waiting in the wings for when the happy couple needs it.

We are all happy for the couple, let's just give them our cash and wish them the best!

Just my two cents...

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
Frankly I think just collecting cash would be the best gift ever. They can use it for Gen Con, house stuff, bills, or whatever. Those friends and artists of the couple can gift them with their own special gifts.
While cash is nice as a gift in general, it's not as personal/thoughtful/cool as an actual gift. Of course, it's usually the safest option.

I'm in for $5-$10.

Remove ads