Mor's End Craft & Trade Submissions

wizardoftheplains

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:

one handed response...

In reality, I'm not supposed to use my hand at all (doc's orders) but its so hard to type one-handed and it is my left hand, which is my dominant hand.
I go to physio, have to ice it every day, and take both tylenol and now something called feldine. The one good thing is that i finally have an appointment to go to a pain clinic here in Edmonton.
And my pain troubles are, unfortunately, not just localized to my arm. It's in my back, neck, left shoulder, legs, knees and ankles as well. (I got hit by a car four years ago and, no, I don't want to talk about it.)
Need ice! :(

KF72

Sounds very tough, Knightfall. A friend of mine's wife has MS. She uses a Voice to Text program on her PC so she doesn't have to type at all. I'll check with her and see which program she uses and get back to you. She's used it in different variations for years. Do you have a MAC or a PC?

gary

Krug

Newshound
not bad but something less modern?
I guess we have to be careful of stuff that 'breaks the fantasy' aspect too much.

Conaill said:
Just a rough sketch, still need to write up the stats etc.:

Conaill's Cocktails (or "Conaill's C*** & Tails", depending on what our mighty ruler lets me get away with...)

Last edited:

Lalato

Adventurer
Tonguez...
I really like Old Tom, but he should be in the NPC thread... unless you plan on tying him to Craft or Trade.

Just trying to keep the NPC stuff straight. :)

--sam

Conaill

First Post
Krug said:
not bad but something less modern?
I guess we have to be careful of stuff that 'breaks the fantasy' aspect too much.

What part do you think feels too modern, Krug? The name? Note that the word "cocktail" refers to the fancy tail of a rooster or peacock. We can always call it "The Cock's Tail" if you like that better for a pub name.

Personally, I would prefer calling it "Conaill's Cock & Tails", and have a sign with a rooster and two fish tails. ;) I think Conaill (the PC, that is) would like the innuendo in the name, and it's no weirder a name for a medieval pub than "The Plough and Stars" just down the street from my own appartment...

Last edited:

Conaill

First Post
Re: Stalker's Adventure Supplies

Steverooo said:
Stalker's stats, class or classes, abilities, etc., will not be given. He was a minimum of 65th level when he moved to Mor's End 135 years ago, and he has no doubt gained a few levels, since then!

Let me get this straight... you want to house a demi-god in Mor's end? :confused:

I would gues the majority of DM's would prefer NOT to have such a character in the city. Personally, I would vote against it.

If you insist on including this character, you would have to make him an optional element, so he can easily be removed. That means he should have no impact on the local geography, goverment, guilds, trade, etc. You have most of this covered reasonably well already, but you may want to read it over again with this in mind, and add a specific note to that extent.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Conaill said:

What part do you think feels too modern, Krug? The name? Note that the word "cocktail" refers to the fancy tail of a rooster or peacock. We can always call it "The Cock's Tail" if you like that better for a pub name.

Personally, I would prefer calling it "Conaill's Cock & Tails", and have a sign with a rooster and two fish tails. ;) I think Conaill (the PC, that is) would like the innuendo in the name, and it's no weirder a name for a medieval pub than "The Plough and Stars" just down the street from my own appartment...

Well perhaps, but the bar needs to beefed up a little. Sounds too generic to me. Too many retired adventurers open a pub for his mates. Maybe it's a front for something (though that as well, is in danger of being a cliche) or has a special clientele. My 2 coppers.

Last edited:

jdavis

First Post
Re: Re: Stalker's Adventure Supplies

Conaill said:

Let me get this straight... you want to house a demi-god in Mor's end? :confused:

I would gues the majority of DM's would prefer NOT to have such a character in the city. Personally, I would vote against it.

If you insist on including this character, you would have to make him an optional element, so he can easily be removed. That means he should have no impact on the local geography, goverment, guilds, trade, etc. You have most of this covered reasonably well already, but you may want to read it over again with this in mind, and add a specific note to that extent.

I think that if you changed him to a more ambiguous "very high level" that might allow for a higher level of usability by DM's. If he's not going to have any stats anyway then there is no reason to even give him a known range of levels just call him very mysterious and powerful and allow DM's to work him in how they see fit, he should just be a complete mystery. I also agree that he should have absolutely no interest or influence in the town, he could be very unbalancing, he should just be a mysterious person who people know nothing about but wild rumors. I liked the store concept.

Conaill

First Post
Krug said:
Well perhaps, but the bar needs to beefed up a little. Sounds too generic to me. Too many retired adventurers open a pub for his mates. Maybe it's a front for something (though that as well, is in danger of being a cliche) or has a special clientele. My 2 coppers.

I did say it's just a rough sketch for now. Heck, I don't even have stats listed yet. That will probably have to wait until wednesday or later though, too much stuff going on right now.

Hmm, seems like all the ministers are taking a little break from Mor's End for a few days. You'd think we're planning a coup! ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ATTENTION BUTTERCUP

I've finished modifying The Downpour, you can cut and paste it now. - Rob

wizardoftheplains said:

Sounds very tough, Knightfall. A friend of mine's wife has MS. She uses a Voice to Text program on her PC so she doesn't have to type at all. I'll check with her and see which program she uses and get back to you. She's used it in different variations for years. Do you have a MAC or a PC?

I've got a PC, Pentium II 450.

I've considered such a program but the problem is my diction is poor. Using such a program would be confusing to me. It's hard to explain... I guess what I'm saying is that I think differently when I write or type then when I speak. They're wired differently.

But thanks for the thought, mon ami. ;)

KF72

Remove ads