• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Excellent Acronyms

tomlib

Explorer
Last night while playing in a game of Hero Quest our GM was forced to come up with a moniker for a group of villains he threw against us. Up against time pressure and struggling desparately he finally spat out ...

Loose Association of Mutant Evil Outcasts.

Needless to say, all were amused. My only regret is that I didn't come up with it first for our own rather woebegone group of heroes.

Happy Gaming

Tom

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I had a supers campaign that had a few adventures in the Soviet Union. The English name for their agency with supergadgets was Soviet Tactical Armed Response...STAR.

My supers 1900 campaign featured PCs who were in a turn-of-the-century analog to Interpol, with jurisdiction on Earth, Mars, Venus and the Moon. The group was called Globally Authorized Investigative Agency...GAIA.

And in Simon Green's Hawk & Fisher stories include, besides the titular heroes, his fantasy world's highly trained gov't agents who handle mages and avatars causing trouble in the city of Haven. That group is called Special Wizardry and Tactics...SWAT.

Last edited:

Remove ads