• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Played FRPG of 2010

Which games did you play, even once, in 2010? Check all that apply.

Having read the title of the thread, I voted for Other without realising it was multiple choice. So in order from most to least played:

Other - Runequest, most played FRPG this year yet again
Other - Qin: Warring States, and I'm pretty angry the Art of War isn't out yet
D&D 2e, retreading old ground
Other - Legends of Anglerre, because one of my players wanted to GM it
Other - Pendragon, still the best
D&D 4e, PbP only
Other - Anima: Beyond Fantasy, or at least we created characters for it.
BD&D, because a twenty-seven year campaign doesn't stop just because the last player involved now lives in New Zealand

Tinner

First Post
It's pretty much been a full year of Pathfinder. We switched over and have never looked back. We're halfway through the Kingmaker Adventure Path, and I can honestly say it's the best campaign I've played in since I started 30 years ago. We've already got our next two campaigns lined up, and they're both going to be Pathfinder.

Last edited:

Zil

Explorer
It's been all Pathfinder for our gaming group over the last 12 months - unless you count cooperative board games like Arkham Horror. The group is nearing the end of the "Curse of the Crimson Throne" Adventure Path at the moment and I expect any future campaign will also utilize Pathfinder. I did pick up Mouseguard and some Mongoose Traveller material, but haven't played either of those this year.

AmbySlaad

First Post
+1 the Pathfinder. Haven't touched 3.x since it came out, other than to convert stuff/plunder ideas for PF RPG.

My Others: Shadowrun (4e) and Eclipse Phase

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
I've played 3.5 (in a PBP), 4e, and a crazy 3e/1e/Castles & Crusades hybrid that I called Castles & Crusades for purposes of this poll (and really don't like, but the guys who DM in my tabletop group won't run 3.x anymore and one player really hates 4e so we're stuck with something we all can kind-of sort-of live with).

Outside of fantasy, some Star Wars Saga Edition and Mutants & Masterminds 2e in PBP. And a half-session of Gamma World on Christmas Day.

Remove ads