• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most powerful feat ever?

Doctor DM

First Post
In your opinion, what is the strongest, most overpowered, broken feat out there?

Or just the best feat ever. Or feat combos.

I think Greenbound Summoning takes the cake. Just on the fact that your summoned creatures can cast wall of thorns. PLUS all the sick bonuses they get?

I don't know how it got published...

As for a more traditional great feat, I like the simple power attack with a two handed weapon. 2 for 1? Awesome! The damage can get ugly.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Doctor DM said:
haha, oh I'm taking that next level for sure. What book is that in? :lol:
I belive it was in the mongoose "book of feats", whatever it was called, in the appendix. I'm paraphrasing it though. I believe the actual version had a whole lot of "explanation" that really spoils the whole joke.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Doctor DM said:
I don't know how it got published...

The original author weighed in at one point, and said that what he wrote isn't what got published.

He originally wrote it as a metamagic feat with a level adjustment. I can't recall exactly what it was, but it's a bit more reasonable - let's say it was a +3 level adjustment. Now you have to make a choice between taking one round to summon a Dire Wolverine, or two rounds to summon a Greenbound Wolf.

As opposed to the [General] feat it ended up as, where it's a no-brainer, no-cost option every single time.

-Hyp.

LonePaladin

Explorer
I remember seeing one in a third-party sourcebook focusing on drow — what was notable was the cover art and interior illustrations showed drow as having bright blue skin and red hair. In that book was a feat that essentially gave its possessor a +1 or +2 on everything that involved die-rolls. It had one prerequisite, which was phrased along the lines of having the favorable attention of some deity or other... which, when translated into "at the table" terms, means one thing: the DM likes you.

An absolutely horrible book. The thoroughly munchkinized feat didn't help matters.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Not broken, but in the best feat ever catagory:

Improved Initiative.

Making your move before the BBEG can do his thing usually means the difference between being the hero, or rerolling a new char.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads