• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Threatening Group in FR?

questionmark

First Post
I was wondering what yawls groups think is the dag gum nastiest race or org. in the FRCS

I personally cast my vote in for the Yuan Ti.
I think the drow are overated and the wizards of Thay are pretty contained.
Yuan Ti hate people alot, and have that nasty elixir that can twist your soul into becoming a servitor. In our campaign the Yuan Ti of Hlondeth are kidnapping soldies and heroes and turning them to evil. They are using this elixir to raise a terrible army to take over turmish and possibly the VR. They have already turned some of the parties closest npc friends and heroes which the party will eventually have to face on the battle field. Man I hate the Yuan Ti.

MulhorandSage

First Post
questionmark said:
I was wondering what yawls groups think is the dag gum nastiest race or org. in the FRCS

I personally cast my vote in for the Yuan Ti.
I think the drow are overated and the wizards of Thay are pretty contained.
Yuan Ti hate people alot, and have that nasty elixir that can twist your soul into becoming a servitor. In our campaign the Yuan Ti of Hlondeth are kidnapping soldies and heroes and turning them to evil. They are using this elixir to raise a terrible army to take over turmish and possibly the VR. They have already turned some of the parties closest npc friends and heroes which the party will eventually have to face on the battle field. Man I hate the Yuan Ti.

The Twisted Rune. Any group that can kidnap Halaster from the bowels of Undermountain needs to be taken *very* seriously.

Scott Bennie

BlackMoria

First Post
The Twisted Rune. A cabal of high level undead who have their spidery fingers into nearly all the pies. Due to being undead, long term plans (years in the making) are not a problem.

I have run three campaigns in which the Twisted Rune was the core villains each time. And in all three campaigns, the PCs never got even close to the inner circle nor were even aware of them.

When they finally bashed a BBEG in each campaign, they *thought* they got the main villain. Instead, they offed a Twisted Rune agent or toady, or someone who was manipulated by the Twisted Rune without even being aware that the BBEG was dancing to the Twisted Rune's pulled strings.

Now, that is a group one has to respect...

Last edited:

Mystery Man

First Post
The Shades.

High Prince Telemont and his 12 sons, come back from old Netheril when magic rocked the hizzouse. Knowing better than anyone where to look for old ruins and old magical artifacts. Yikes.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I would vote for Shar's manifold forces which, IMO, includes the returned Shadovar. They have their own Weave to play with, they and their mistress are subtle and Shar is one of the most powerful deities on Toril with access to many secrets.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads