• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Unique and Fun Class?

Skead

First Post
I know this may be a subjective question but...

In your opinion,

What class(es) are most fun, unique is the key, not just overpowered. It has to be fun, like still getting the job done in combat, but in a fun, unique way :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
- Whatever I'm playing right now.
- Swordsage.
- Wizard.
- Druid.
- Cleric (archer).
- Rogue.
- Barbarian / Bard (archer).

Cheers, -- N

szilard

First Post
For me the key to that is (1) always having something to do, (2) not always doing the same thing over and over again, (3) having a set of flexible tools that I can use to solve a variety of problems, (4) not always worrying about being near-death.

That said, here's my list:

1) Beguiler - tons of spells that can (and usually have to be) used creatively.

2) Druid - good spell list. wildshaping opens up a lot of possibilities. good survivability for a caster that encourages risk-taking.

3) Crusader - you get a semi-random set of powers in combat, forcing you to get creative in order to use them. It works surprisingly well.

-Stuart

Pulsecrawler_79

First Post
Alright here are my three top.

1. Wizard - Old stand by that can't be beat.
2. Crusader - A class I fell in love with from one play session.
3. Druid - Take the Shapeshift class option from PHII mix and have fun.

irdeggman

First Post
Why does "still get the job done in combat" have to equate to "fun"?

I find bards to be the most fun since it is almost all about role-playing in interaction cricumstances and not about "combat".

For non-interactive games I find a soulknife to be extremely satisfying, but then again I am not one of those who enjoys running the character that can do everything and defeat everyone pretty much by themselves - I much more enjoy games where every character has a role that they are the "best" at or something along those lines.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
While I've never gotten to play one, I think the Binder is the most unique and fun class. I've heard on these forums that they're a pretty weak class but the possible restrictions that your vestiges could give you, the varied array of powers each vestige has and synergizing vestiges makes for a very fun class for me. And when you thrown in the great roleplaying opportunities, you have a brilliant class!

Remove ads