• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most used material?

JoeGKushner

First Post
So what gets used the most in your campaigns? I'm not talking about specific books, but stuff in general.

I find that small things tend to get used a lot in my campaign while even slightly bigger things, like PrCs, tend to fall into my (the GM's) hands.

Feats, spells, magic items, skills, little abilities, etc... players reap up real quick in my games. Get the most use probably out of Swashbuckling Adventurers, Mercenaries, and now Feats, in addition to most of the spellcasting style books like Spells & Spellcraft.

How about the rest of ya?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Monsters. Can't have enough, especially ones that fill a niche that isn't filled in the core rules.

Feats - show up in my NPCs and enemies frequently. Again, I like a feat that fills some gap that hadn't occurred to me.

Spells - I like to spring new spells on the PCs.

Magic Items -- sometimes, not as much as other stuff.

Not used much:

races, classes, prestige classes, alternate magic or combat systems. Too much work to worry about including them. I would leave this up to PCs to manage (subject to my approval).

lord irial

First Post
IMC, skills get the most use, I think, with feats in a close second. PrC's have only had an interest expressed by three of my eight players. Monsters and second to last on my list- the best villains are humans. I'd say last would be magic items- my PC's have maybe a dozen between them, and have not wanted to sacrifice experience to make more (they're 7th-9th level, currently).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'd have to say stat blocks. Whether they are monsters or NPCs, you can run a decent adventure with just a pile of stat blocks on the spur of a moment, IMO. I love quick pick-up games when there is not much else to do and a bunch of stat blocks makes that very easy to do. :)

der_kluge

Adventurer
Of my whole party, I'm the only one into the d20 scene, so the rest of the group really doesn't purchase that much d20. So, all the feats, PrCs, new spells, etc, etc, don't get used much.

We stick to the basics. First party:
human monk, human paladin, half-elf ranger, human fighter, human rogue, gnome cleric/illusionist (me), human sorcerer. Pretty boring, huh?

Second party (the current group):
human sorcerer, half-orc fighter (dead), elven fighter, elven fighter/monk, human rogue/fighter, human cleric.

We've taken a couple of PrCs from some of the splatbooks, but only me and another guy really know much about them, no one else really tailors their character to fit into some kind of path to take them.

I did use a few spells from Bluffside in the last campaign, and we've used a handful from FRCS and some of the splatbooks in this campaign.

No, now that I think about it, the DM did use some material from the Blight Magic sourcebook, which I let him borrow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads