• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most useless book ever?

FickleGM

Explorer
Arrgh, I have so many...I guess that one of the AEG one-word books will do - DUNGEON (that is AEG, right? I don't have it with me at work).

That one is probably the worst for me. Of WOTC stuff, I'll also put forth the Psionics Handbook as Exhibit A.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I bought FRCS and I don't run a Forgotten Realms game. I actually run Planescape, so I can't very well pilliage it for much. So, I gave it away. Probably my most useless book.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Crothian said:
So, are these books useless becasuse:

1) they are just badly written

Enemies and Allies falls under that from me.

Crothian said:
2) they assume a style of gaming that doesn't fit what you do

More that they were books that I thought were fascinating and presented a great role play opportunity, but my group at the time wouldn't play anything other than Forgotten Realms, so they languished on my shelves until I packed them up and put them in storage, and found another gaming group. Still haven't used any of them.

Masquerade

First Post
Without a doubt, the most useless book on my shelf is the Epic Level Handbook. Others have basically outlined why this book is such a waste of space. Personally, if I ever play beyond level 20, I will continue using the same rules that were in place for the first twenty levels. No reason to change things at that point or any other.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Living Greyhawk Gazeteer.

Never used it, not once. Never borrowed anything from it for another campaign. I never even looked at for long to admire the setting info or illustrations. I have no idea what made me decide to buy this book.

sniffles said:
Agh!! Delete this post!! Quick, before one of my GMs sees it!!

I hate swarms.

Then don't repost it! Might as well dip your character in honey and brimstone, stake yourself out on a fire ant nest and summmon a hellwasp swarm. ;)

Threedub

First Post
How about any of the four books I own from Fast Forward, with probably Dungeon World: Catacombs being the worst. The only bright point is I bought them at a significantly reduced price and they do a good job of stabilizing a short table leg.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I thought is was almost universally agreed that the WORST BOOK EVAR was the Synnabar RPG...

As for D&D/d20, I'll go with the Sundered Reaches Campaign Setting (Fast Forward).

Brainfreeze

First Post
The Psionics book...I know that i've only bought 1 copy of it..though now i'm walking around with 3 since people placed them on my shelf and never wanted them back...

Sejs

First Post
Oh that's easy.

Sprawl Sites, for Shadowrun.

Old 1st ed SR book that had maps for various locations one might visit in the course of 'running. The back section had a number of random encounters broken down by encounter type.

The maps were ... lame. Limp and uninteresting. The random encounters were worse. I bought the book, read through it, scoffed at the content and banished it to the back of the collection never to be used.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads