• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[MOTW] Forsakers and Anti-magic

Arcturus_Rugend

First Post
Would a Forsaker (Prc from the MOTW splatbook) still have a hatred for or be inclined to destroy a magic item that in some way produces an anti-magic shell or otherwise suppresses or destroys magic?

Artoomis

First Post
Arcturus_Rugend said:
Would a Forsaker (Prc from the MOTW splatbook) still have a hatred for or be inclined to destroy a magic item that in some way produces an anti-magic shell or otherwise suppresses or destroys magic?

Arcturus_Rugend said:
I'm not intentionally being dense or obdurate, but from a logical standpoint, why ?

Would a paladin work with evil creatures if they would kill only other evil creatures? I think not.

It's the same question, really. For a Forsaker, magic = BAD. Magic that gets rid of other magic is still BAD.

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Arcturus_Rugend said:
Point taken.

That said, does anyone know of any non-magical sources that produce a suppressed or anti-magic field effect?

Cheese aside (Chèvre chaud, anyone?), there are some "magically dead" areas. The precedent I believe is in the FR setting.

Your DM may rule that a certain ore nullifies magic in an area depending on it's mass. Good plot hook, IMHO, if you have to go find it...

Andargor

giffen

First Post
Just a thought, but how about a naturally preserved beholder's eye? If you assume the only reason it is a cone is that the beholder's body blocks the rest of it, then a beholder's eye in a jar might radiate antimagic.
"Narg hate magic, love eyejar!"

Raargh

Just my $1/50

Bill

Remove ads