• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mount Attacking During Ride by

Twilgiht33

First Post
I am currently working on a mounted combat character and im scouring every book i can get my hands on to find a way to allow my mount to get an attack in during a ride by attack. Anyone know of a way to allow my mount to do this? pretty much any official 3.0/3.5 book and dragon & dungeon can be pulled from.

Amazing Mumford

First Post
Hmmm, as far as I know you'd have to get your mount the Spring Attack feat-- or Fly-By Attack, if it were a winged mount... so as far as Spring Attack goes, the mount would have to of course have Dodge and Mobility first, and a Dex of 13+. If we're talking about a light or heavy warhorse, this build is not going to work normally-- both the light and heavy warhorse have the Dex requirement but only get 2 feats. You would have to find an advanced one in order to get the third feat slot. A trained tiger, on the other hand... (just a thought). A pegasus already comes with Flyby Attack, and a griffon or hippogriff can have this feat if you switch out one of their usual feats.

ElectricDragon

Explorer
Why not instead take Improved Overrun and Trample? It kind of gets you what you want. Of course, this trades your attack for the mount's attack, hardly ever a good proposition. But you do get to use the mount's Strength score and size on the opposed check (and gain the +4 bonus to prevent being knocked prone on a failure because your mount has more than 2 legs). If the opponent falls prone, your mount gains a +4 bonus to its hoof attack. And you get to continue your move past the opponent and do not have to move in a straight line.

Ciao,
Dave

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads