• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mounts for an Epic Dwarven Paladin

Alaska Roberts

First Post
I want a different type of mount for a 24th level Paladin... any suggestions?
Also would like it to be an underground creature type (non-flying) preferable, and not super gigantic, he is a dwarf after all.

Thanks in advance.

Alaska

Spatzimaus

First Post
Bah, everyone's all "Dire" this and "Celestial" that. BORING. Go with the truly strange stuff, like a Monstrous Centipede or at least a giant spider. I wonder, can an Ooze work as a Mount? You could ride a gelatinous cube into battle (the saddle would be REALLY spread out, to keep you from sinking in). Maybe a Shambling Mound. Or, you could try to stick to the "monster" races like a Grick or Gray Render.

And if you absolutely must stick with a mammal, might I suggest the Dire Weasel? Their Attach ability is pretty fun.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Nothing wrong with templates my friend. And why should he ride a centipede? Just to be different? Nah. I like the dire mole or Dire weasel better myself.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I don't have templates or stats or anything, but I'm thinking a weasel or hamster made out of gems, or possibly ore. You could just called it an Earth Elemental animal and use that as the description, or go with something a little more exotic.

Or a giant space hamster.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I know you said non-flying, and I know you said underground, but I'm just going to put in a nomination for Flying Ostrich anyway.

-Hyp.

Remove ads