• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Movie recommendation?

In theaters right now? Nothing. You're a little too late to catch Iron Man and Forgetting Sarah Marshall (the best this year so far) in most theaters except perhaps some dollar theaters.

If you're talking about best movies of all-time, well then I'd have to recommend stuff like The Third Man, Touch of Evil, Dr. Strangelove, Taxi Driver and Rashomon.

Wall-E. It's not just for kids, as a matter of fact there is no dialog for the first 30 minutes of the movie, but very expressive. A great tip to the silent and art films of Hollywood's heyday.

In theaters right now? Nothing. You're a little too late to catch Iron Man and Forgetting Sarah Marshall (the best this year so far) in most theaters except perhaps some dollar theaters.

If you're talking about best movies of all-time, well then I'd have to recommend stuff like The Third Man, Touch of Evil, Dr. Strangelove, Taxi Driver and Rashomon.
Don't know what you're talking about, they are still up on the main totes in most major theaters, just not running on 15 screens anymore.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you like superhero movies, Iron Man is one of the best I've ever seen- the casting of Downey as Tony Stark was inspired, and he definitely delivers.

The new Hulk movie is supposedly a vast improvement over the one that was released a few years ago, and it looks like he gets to fight one of his iconic foes, the Abomination.

I have heard that Kung Fu Panda is hilarious, but haven't found the time to see it yet.

I bet the new Get Smart is pretty amusing- it has to be better than the Naked Bomb (with the original cast).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OTOH, if you're old enough and you like your comedy dry, you could just rent Comedians of Comedy and laugh your body parts off.

(I have it on in the background, and Brian Posehn's routine had me laughing hard enough to see red.)

Saw Wall-E and Get Smart this past weekend. Wall-E is cute and a good movie with a small message. Get Smart was okay. The last movie I saw before this was Hulk which is non-stop action and very good. Ironman was exceptional and I wish I had seen it twice. Now I have to wait until DVD. My kids saw Panda and loved it.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
So far I haven't been disappointed once this summer.
Iron Man
Hulk
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Wall*E
Wanted

Those have all been good. I dithered about watching The Happening, but finally went tl Movie Spoiler. Yeah, it was a good thing I did. If you must watch a Shamawossname movie this summer, rent Lady in the Water. Vastly better movie, one with a definable plot and ending.

Put your money on Hancock this weekend. So far, Will Smith has delivered. After that, get ready for Hellboy II, The Dark Knight, and Mummy 3. All of those look fantastic.

Remove ads