Movie STATS - Alien VS Predator

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Leopold said:
Possibly..reverse templating? But then you have so many permutations that it would be absolutely impossible to plan for each.
That's why you don't plan for each. Instead what you do is have the template set up guidelines for how it should be handled. That way you can look at any non-alien creature stat and know how it should be handled.

Hmm... I'm not sure this has been done before for D20.

I've got a deadline I have to meet for an adventure. After that I might just give this a go. It might actually help on a different project I'm looking at starting in a few weeks.

frankthedm

First Post
DM-Rocco said:
They obviously have an immunity to acid, but also to cold. They appear to have rather long life spans.
////////////////
I figure that both should be a CR of about 10, what do you guys think?

CR10? I think 4 HD is about right for the alien drones, not 1 shots, but not too tough against a competent foe. The predators, i am thinking a 2 HD base race with favored class fighter with nifty gear.

Alien... acid immunity seems almost too much, i think 20 resist should be sufficent

acidic blood- maybe close to grey ooze acid Acid (Ex): A gray ooze secretes a digestive acid that quickly dissolves organic material and metal, but not stone. Any melee hit or constrict attack deals acid damage. Armor or clothing dissolves and becomes useless immediately unless it succeeds on a DC 16 Reflex save. A metal or wooden weapon that strikes a gray ooze also dissolves immediately unless it succeeds on a DC 16 Reflex save. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

The ooze’s acidic touch deals 16 points of damage per round to wooden or metal objects, but the ooze must remain in contact with the object for 1 full round to deal this damage.

any peircing or slashing weapon hit on an alien deals 3d6 acid damage on any weapon striking the creature. Creatures and objects within 5 feet of the creature must roll reflex saves 10 + damage inflicted on alien to avoid this damage.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Aliens don't have any visible eyes, but they always seem to be totally aware of their surroundings, they aren't hampered by the darkness, and in AvP
the Predator's cloaking device didn't fool the alien for a second.

Therefore, I suggest that the aliens have the Blindsight extraordinary ability.

frankthedm

First Post
Graboids have Tremorsence. The alien 'head' screams Psychic radar dome at the very least. simple ground vibration seems too weak for them as well.

BLINDSIGHT AND BLINDSENSE

Some creatures have blindsight, the extraordinary ability to use a nonvisual sense (or a combination of such senses) to operate effectively without vision. Such sense may include sensitivity to vibrations, acute scent, keen hearing, or echolocation. This ability makes invisibility and concealment (even magical darkness) irrelevant to the creature (though it still can’t see ethereal creatures). This ability operates out to a range specified in the creature description.

Blindsight never allows a creature to distinguish color or visual contrast. A creature cannot read with blindsight.

Blindsight does not subject a creature to gaze attacks (even though darkvision does).

Blinding attacks do not penalize creatures using blindsight.

Deafening attacks thwart blindsight if it relies on hearing.

Blindsight works underwater but not in a vacuum.

Blindsight negates displacement and blur effects.

Blindsense: Other creatures have blindsense, a lesser ability that lets the creature notice things it cannot see, but without the precision of blindsight. The creature with blindsense usually does not need to make Spot or Listen checks to notice and locate creatures within range of its blindsense ability, provided that it has line of effect to that creature. Any opponent the creature cannot see has total concealment (50% miss chance) against the creature with blindsense, and the blindsensing creature still has the normal miss chance when attacking foes that have concealment. Visibility still affects the movement of a creature with blindsense. A creature with blindsense is still denied its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class against attacks from creatures it cannot see.

TREMORSENSE

A creature with tremorsense automatically senses the location of anything that is in contact with the ground and within range.

If no straight path exists through the ground from the creature to those that it’s sensing, then the range defines the maximum distance of the shortest indirect path. It must itself be in contact with the ground, and the creatures must be moving.

As long as the other creatures are taking physical actions, including casting spells with somatic components, they’re considered moving; they don’t have to move from place to place for a creature with tremorsense to detect them.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Just my $0.02...

Aliens can in fact "impregnate" any creature... not just mammals. In the "Batman vs. Aliens" comic one had bred with an Aligator and became a truely monstrous creature. I think the "Alien" should be a template that is applied to the host creature. The more powerful the host, the more powerful the alien created. Basically the Alien created is the perfect "predator" of the race it was bred from. Aliens created from Humans are perfect at killing humans but not so great at going up against stronger creatures such as Predators. However, a Pred-Alien is going to have an easier time against Predators because it was bred from stronger stock.

I believe that the Aliens use psychic sight as opposed to sonar. They are obviously a psychic species. As they can survive in vaccum I'd imagine they have evolved so that they can see while in a vaccum.

If you want to get really creepy go with Ridley Scott's original intention on the Alien lifecycle. A facehugger hops out of an egg, impregnates someone, busts out of their chest, grows, captures a few victims, and through some process turns the captives INTO EGGS. There was no Queen in the original... that was Cameron's idea. I liked Scott's idea better. It made them more "Alien". Cameron's idea makes them into giant ants.

Last edited:

Michael Dean

Explorer
Whisperfoot said:
I'd call it a good start, but certainly not usable material in its present form.

I don't know if it is perfect or not; I'm not a game designer. All I know is that I felt like I found a freakin' treasure trove of good stuff when I found this site yesterday and downloaded it. I spent a good chunk of my evening reading everything. I'd like to shake the hand of the guys who spent a boatload of time doing the work.

Remove ads