• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Moving through occupied square....

Yardiff

Adventurer
Where does it talk about moving through occupied squares? I'm looking for info on moving through friendly squares and hostile ones.

Thanks for any help.

Lanliss

Explorer
Where does it talk about moving through occupied squares? I'm looking for info on moving through friendly squares and hostile ones.

Thanks for any help.

In the difficult terrain section of PHB. Moving through the space of another creature, hostile or not, counts as difficult terrain.

Yardiff

Adventurer
I read this section and its not very clear...

"You can move through a non-hostile creature’s space. In contrast, you can move through a hostile creature's space only if the creature is at least two sizes larger or smaller than you. Remember that another creature’s space is difficult terrain for you."

The bold part seem to indicate that you can not move through a hostile creatures square unless they are 2 sizes larger or smaller and then its difficult terrain.

flametitan

Explorer
I read this section and its not very clear...

"You can move through a non-hostile creature’s space. In contrast, you can move through a hostile creature's space only if the creature is at least two sizes larger or smaller than you. Remember that another creature’s space is difficult terrain for you."

The bold part seem to indicate that you can not move through a hostile creatures square unless they are 2 sizes larger or smaller and then its difficult terrain.

That's exactly how it works. You're reading it right.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.

That's exactly what it says. What is the problem you are coming up against, Haflings? They are the exception to the rule because of their racial ability.

Yardiff

Adventurer
I guess our GM didn't understand since he had a human ranger run right through 2 occupied enemy squares (a half-elf and a dwarf). I ask him about it next game day.

Remove ads