• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moving to Vegas

Gog

First Post
Well, my wife is getting transfered to Vegas in March, so I'll be looking for a new home game to get into. A few questions

1. Is there a local RPGA club there I could contact about games?

2. What FLGS would you guys suggest?

3. Is anybody looking for a player for a home game, D&D, Spycraft, D20 Modern whatever really, I'll just be needing a fix?

4. Anybody know of any Civil engineering firms looking for a designer/drafter???

5. How far is it to Disney Land from Vegas? :confused:

Ok I think that's it.

Thanks alot in advance.

Lance W.

BV210

Explorer
I was stationed at Nellis AFB from 95-97 so I can tell you with much certainty, you will love living there. Even if you don't gamble (which I don't) it's a blast.

As for your specific questions, the only one I can answer is #3, and even then not with many specifics. I seem to remember there was a decent FLGS on Flamingo (or Sahara) just east of the strip (in a strip mall almost across the street from UNLV). I can't for the life of me remember the name. Plus, since it's been 6 years since I lived there, it may have changed a bit. :p

I think there was another one in the north-central part of town, but I remember even less about it.

Oh, from LV to LA is about 4 hours.

Iron Sheep

First Post
Gog said:
Well, my wife is getting transfered to Vegas in March, so I'll be looking for a new home game to get into. A few questions

I've lived here since the summer of 99. If you've not lived in a desert before, your first Vegas summer will be an experience. Be careful, and always carry water with you.

I'm in two minds about Vegas. I like some parts of it, and don't like others.

1. Is there a local RPGA club there I could contact about games?

Yes, but I don't know the details. One of our players plays in a Living Greyhawk game occasionally.

2. What FLGS would you guys suggest?

Dreamland Hobbies, on Maryland Parkway between Tropicana and Flamingo, opposite UNLV. This is probably the store BV210 was thinking of.

Silver Catcus Comics (I think that's the name) is apparently good, but I've not been to it so I can't say for sure.

3. Is anybody looking for a player for a home game, D&D, Spycraft, D20 Modern whatever really, I'll just be needing a fix?

Maybe. Our group is in flux right now: my wife just had surgery, one of the group is off to Afghanistan, etc. If we had someone bow out permanently, we might need another player, but right now we're a good size.

4. Anybody know of any Civil engineering firms looking for a designer/drafter???

Sorry, I'm a mathematician, not an engineer. ;)

5. How far is it to Disney Land from Vegas? :confused:

I'd say closer to 5 hours than 4, but I'm a fairly conservative driver. You'd really want to stay overnight to make the trip worthwhile.

Corran

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads