• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Most of what you said: Excellent!

Carrying Capacity stuff: Oh, hah, right, there's a box for that. That does help with custom races and situations quite a bit.
With the goliaths, though, that's kinda' the problem, in a weird way. Because it automatically doubles without checking the box, it inconveniently shows the wrong numbers for my DM's house rule. Yeah, no, I know better than to ask you to make your sheet conform to every house rule that comes along, but I'm thinking of a way to easily handle this compatibility while also expanding for other oddities.
At first, I was thinking, "How about we make it so that goliath just makes the x2 box auto-check, rather than doubling it without a way to reverse it?" That means that there's no way to show higher capacity when under some Ant Haul (which would be a custom spell in 5E, but that's aside the point) effect. I'm glad that size changes fix the capacity automatically. Then, it hit me:
How about we replace the x2 box with a "Multiplier" box that people can fill in at will? If you have Powerful Build, plug in a 2, unless your DM house ruled around it like mine did. The DM threw you a curveball and had the evil sorcerer invent some spell that gives you a level of exhaustion and temporarily halves your carrying capacity? Write in a 0.5. Your party druid researched an Ant Haul spell and shared it with the wizard so that they can take turns making you a better pack mule? Put in a 3, or whatever your DM decided it should be in this version. You got polymorphed into a quadruped and the DM decided that quadrupeds should have their carrying capacities doubled? Put a 2 in there. Get Ant Haul-ed up while in this form? Bam, 6! Size modifications can still auto-calculate, or we could manually double for that, too. This ranting has a point: If we change a simple checkbox to a coefficient box that people can modify like the blue boxes and stop having Powerful Build auto-calculate, we cover a lot of variations with a very simple change. You like?

That sounds like the best solution by far! Wish I'd thought of that ;)

The next question is whether or not it should be a field that is printed or one of the hidden 'blue text' ones. I'm inclined to make it a hidden 'blue text' field. Things like Goliath would update per the rules and only for people that have special house rules would it be necessary to use the hidden modifier-fields.

Love the character sheet, very popular with all my groups. I recently had to switch from Acrobat, that XI (or XII or whatever it is now) just annoyed me to no end. Is there another reader any of you recommend that is fully or mostly compatible with the character sheet?

In the interim I've been using Bluebeam Vu (so a benchmark for any suggestion I love its ui, but compatibility leave a lot to be desired), its been ~60-70% compatible, the blue text, javascript button popup, don't appear and some of the auto fill ins are not cleared when changed or the text appears without size and font formatting

Love the character sheet, very popular with all my groups. I recently had to switch from Acrobat, that XI (or XII or whatever it is now) just annoyed me to no end. Is there another reader any of you recommend that is fully or mostly compatible with the character sheet?

In the interim I've been using Bluebeam Vu (so a benchmark for any suggestion I love its ui, but compatibility leave a lot to be desired), its been ~60-70% compatible, the blue text, javascript button popup, don't appear and some of the auto fill ins are not cleared when changed or the text appears without size and font formatting
I can understand the annoyance of Adobe's software, it is not always the easiest to work with, especially Acrobat Reader. However, I know of no other program that is fully compatible with my sheet, sorry!

You can try the newest version of Acrobat Reader, version "DC". It has changed drastically in appearance.

Astromath

First Post
I wasn't asking for a whole array. Just the standards set of ability scores that can be modified at leisure.

Apparently the quote didn't come through. This was a response to an earlier post.

MwaO

Adventurer
Love the sheets. Noticed one specific problem with the spell sheet - Book Warlocks gain 3 cantrips at the 3rd level of Warlock. It would be helpful if there were at least 3 lines for Warlock Cantrips, not 2.

fitsou

First Post
does anyone knows an app for iDevices that works with this Sheet? all the apps i've tried so far just display the blank sheet.
i would love to be able to edit the sheet but i will settle for the ability to just view it filled.

@apearlma: The Excel has a feature for this :) It only shows you fields for the basic spells known, but there is room for 12 spells that are 'extra'. You can fill these spells out in the "Spells to add to class list, racial bonuses, class bonuses, etc:" fields. If you put your 3 bonus Cantrips there, they should appear on the spell sheet.

@fitsou: This is a side effect from me switching to using global Javascript functions instead of only field functions. Using only field functions is not really doable when automating this much. Unfortunately, most of these global functions I use are not (yet) supported by the Adobe Acrobat mobile apps. However, you should be able to view the sheet and manually edit most things using the free "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" app (it works on my Android device).

Last edited:

I have uploaded a new version to the downloads page, Beta version 6.5 with automated Class Features!

Character Sheet v6.5 (6-7-2015) Beta! changelog:
- Racial features that are level-dependent now fully update when changing levels
- New Beta functionality of having the Class Features automatically added. For now, only the Barbarian and its two subclasses (Berserker & Totem Warrior) are available
--> Because this is a Beta, the previous version is also still available
--> I could really use some feedback on the functionality and presentation, thank you!

Remove ads